Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Bad Rider Experience - Your Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 12:05pm
"I am a new rider...... I never had an incident until this distasteful experience"

Last note - I am curious how a "new rider" can state that they "never had an incident until this distasteful experience." What does that mean? You rode for a week and never had an incident? Or a day? Not a very good success rate in that case. Just my curiosity getting the better of me! I just don't like seeing allegations that don't make sense and if you're going to make them, please be prepared to explain.
marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 1:14pm
Perhaps we shud set up kangaroo court review pannels to police these issues. I think that would be fun and provide meaningful due process for these situations and the issue where someone was caught cutting in line. We could do this like an honor court and even appoint counsel for each side and set up a separate appeal board with a briefing schedule. This would be in a "self appointed" capacity. This process would be totally faire and quote useful.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 2:11pm
I'm goign to go out on a limb and say you work in the legal system? LOL

quote:
Originally posted by marchf

Perhaps we shud set up kangaroo court review pannels to police these issues. I think that would be fun and provide meaningful due process for these situations and the issue where someone was caught cutting in line. We could do this like an honor court and even appoint counsel for each side and set up a separate appeal board with a briefing schedule. This would be in a "self appointed" capacity. This process would be totally faire and quote useful.

Nic
marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 2:25pm
Yes, I do work in the legal system, but I hope you can tell i am being sarcastic here. Such a system with the very few probems we have would be a terrible idea and would have no basis in law. The only recourse we have (unless something is illegal and we call the police) is to post on this message board and hem and haw about it.

Originally posted by NO44

NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 2:40pm
Yes I did catch the sarcasm.. [:D]

quote:

Yes, I do work in the legal system, but I hope you can tell i am being sarcastic here. Such a system with the very few probems we have would be a terrible idea and would have no basis in law. The only recourse we have (unless something is illegal and we call the police) is to post on this message board and hem and haw about it.

Originally posted by NO44

Nic
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 2:36pm
Could I get your law firm, just so I know to avoid.

*should
*panels
*fair
*quite
and a little attention to grammar wouldn't hurt

quote:

marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 8:51pm
Phark Ewe

quote:
Originally posted by colossus911

*should
*panels
*fair
*quite

quote:

NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:55am
I love this message board [:D]

quote:

Phark Ewe

quote:
Originally posted by colossus911

*should
*panels
*fair
*quite

quote:

Nic
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:29am
Just to get this thread back on track, I am waiting to hear what the "orders" were that the driver gave to the slugger? Sluggee? Passenger.[:)]
djb2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djb2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:41am
Better late, than never: I was the other passenger in the car. There were no orders given, the driver was very respectful when asking you NOT to put your make-up on. You took defense and continued with a negative attitude during the ride leading to confrontation. She took your attitude better than I. If I were the driver, I would of accepted the HOV ticket violation and made appropriate provisions for you to get out of my car. You were just very "RUDE"[:(!] and it had nothing to do with culture, ethnic, accent, etc. People participating in the Slug System expect to encounter a diversity of people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic