Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Bad Rider Experience - Your Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potomac Bad Rider Experience - Your Thoughts
    Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 10:17am
I've been a rider and a driver for years and have had my share of good and bad experiences, but all-in-all am appreciative for the favor we all do for one another by providing either a ride or a drive. Today, as a driver, I had one of the most unpleasant experiences with a passenger, so much so I felt compelled to post. I have a relatively new light colored car. Today I picked up two ladies from Potomac Mills and about 10 minutes into our ride, the passenger next to me took out her beige liquid face makeup and began shaking it to open and apply it. I asked her very nicely to please not put on her makeup in my car. She became highly indignant, send some unpleasant words and asked to be let out on 95 North. I told her that for the safety of my passengers I would let her out at her destination (D and 14th). She then said she was going to call the police and report that I was kidnapping her. My second passenger proceeded to tell her there were rules, simple etiquiette, and to go ahead and call the police that she was clearly in the wrong. The woman turned around to her and said 'let me take a look at you so i know who you are'. She may not have liked the fact that I asked her, very nicely, to please not put on makeup, instead of simply saying i'm sorry, or okay, or nothing at all, she got this imperious attitude and turned her cellphone on to record our entire conversation the rest of the way into the City. I'm not sure if she took my plate number, but i do want to advise other drivers that this may happen to you if you pick her up. She is approximately 30-37, slight build, medium to long light brown hair and an accent. Today she was wearing a beige trenchcoat with large black sunglasses and a black patent purse. She is Potomac Mills to D Street and back. Hope tomorrow will be better.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:24am
WOW! While most of my slugs are pretty good, I have gotten some crazies from Potomac Mills! This one guy looked at my number from a doctor's paper I was holding up and texted me when I got to work to ask me out...creepy.

Nic
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:35am
I can't believe people think it is okay to put on makeup in a strangers car. Would they put on makeup in front of their boss? I don't think so! It is just rude. The least they could do is ASK first before they pull the stuff out. You had every right to tell her not to do that in YOUR car. If she can't manage her time well enough so that she can put her makeup on at home that is her problem. I always make sure I am presentable before I leave my house for work because you never know who you might run into.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 5:52pm
She was dead wrong, rude, and hysterical to boot. Do I need to suggest that she never be allowed in your vehicle again?
slk2010 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slk2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 10:17pm
Everyone who reads your comments should also get the other side of the story. As soon as I got in your car you were giving me orders including not to put my make up on, which I immediately put away. You may say you asked me nicely but despectively. And I may have just learned the reason behind your comments, yes I have an accent and it may just be your issue behind the whole situation.

Why didn't you mention that I said about the kidnapping because you said you will drop me off where I had to take a long walk to wherever I was going. In fact, you asked me to get out of your car right in the middle of the traffic before getting to the first street in DC. And I was not tape recording, I was texting my father on his birthday to occupy my thoughts on something else.

I could describe you and the car you drive so others are attentive but instead I believe you need an opportunity to reconsider your attitude towards other human beings with an 'accent' because they also have feelings. Hope that my message reaches those who read these denigrating comments and choose to ignore them.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:42am
quote:
Originally posted by slk2010

Everyone who reads your comments should also get the other side of the story. As soon as I got in your car you were giving me orders including not to put my make up on, which I immediately put away.

What orders was he giving you? Why would you think it is okay to put your makeup on in a strangers car?
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:42am
Hmm. I have been slugging for a year now, and whenever I get in a car, no-one gives me orders if I am following the rules and minding my own business. So, one must wonder what the slugger was doing to receive "orders." I'd love to know what the orders were that you got "as soon as you got in the car" too! "Welcome to my car. You will sit straight. You will not touch anything. You will not put on make up. You will....!!"

Anyway, it's one person's word against the other. All sluggers should read the sluggers' etiquette rules and FOLLOW THEM and be respectful of each other. Just the very fact that you thought it okay to put your make up on, means that you don't know what the rules are and you (slk) are at fault for that. Fighting won't get anyone anywhere. But, due to a spate (it appears) of people demanding to be let out of cars on the 95, I suggest to drivers that you carry a release with you and when the next slugger threatens you with a kidnapping charge and to call the police because you won't drop them off on the hard shoulder on the 95, whip out your release, get them to sign and date it and drop them!!! (Just kidding, but it would sure shut them up!) Sluggers. Get in the car, get out your book, go to sleep, but that's it. No make up, no food, no talking, no coffee, no objecting to the driver's music choice even if it is extremist talk radio(grumble - that's the one I can't take...., but I still shut up and ignore it), if it's loud, put in ear plugs; if it's cold, bring a blanket or coat; just get in and ride, and say thank you. It's not that hard. Is it?
Nivety View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nivety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:08am
Well said Anglo!![^]
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:46am
slk - the problem wasn't your accent, it's the fact that you were putting on MAKE UP in someone else's car! In fact, you're not the first person I've seen do this, unless you're the same woman I rode with who did the same thing with liquid foundation (although that woman had dark hair with highlights, and braces). That stuff can make a mess, and I can certainly understand why the driver objected to you applying it in his/her car.

Maybe you should read over some of the slugging rules of etiquette, and consider getting up a bit earlier so that you have time to apply makeup BEFORE getting in someone else's car!
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:51am
Just wait till they start applying makeup and mash the gas or brake really quick.

They'll say, "Damnit, can't you drive properly." and the perfect comeback is , "Damnit, can't you put that on later? Besides, it's not doing much for your face anyway."

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic