Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rte. 234 / Route 1 commuter lot in Dumfries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rte. 234 / Route 1 commuter lot in Dumfries
    Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 3:50pm
What time does this commuter lot fill up? I've been riding the Montclair bus from the Pentagon at 6:24 pm and am amazed at so many people who get off the bus at this parking lot. Are they working 12 hour days? I usually slug from Potomac Mills in the morning around 8:30 am, but if I could park at the 234 lot, it would be a lot easier for me. Thanks!
marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:06pm
I just got back from Germany after three years and was delighted to see the expansion of the log. In 2003, the lot did not fill up until about 0730 or after and started creeping down to 0700 and in 2007 when I left the lot was filling up around 0645. I would be interested to see when it fills up now. I certainly know the lot was not full at 0640 when the pedestrian was killed crossing the road on Friday.

As for as the 6:24 p.m. bus, that is the time it gets back. You can get off work at 5:00 p.m., and still be lucky to get to the Pentagon in time to catch that bus in order to make it to the lot by 6:24.
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 1:58pm
This lot may be full by 8:30. I have noticed that commuters are starting to park on the side road up the street from the lot again. During the summer months there was no problem finding parking there. I would try to swing by around 8 am to see if its full.
marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 8:55pm
You can always park at the old steak house and just run accross the road. Most people make it without much trouble most of the time.
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 10:36am
quote:
Originally posted by marchf

You can always park at the old steak house and just run accross the road. Most people make it without much trouble most of the time.

http://potomaclocal.com/traffic-transit/pedestrian-struck-reportedly-killed/
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 5:57pm
^ Quoted for emphasis.

quote:

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 9:33am
I don't think you want to park there. There are two "active" business' in that old steakhouse now and you definitely don't want to cross 234.
marchf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:43pm
quote:

Some of you may notice that I was being sarcastic, I do not seriously suggest that anyone cross that road. Last week I saw a pregnant woman crossing. She made it, but it did not look safe.
mb123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mb123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 9:51am
Does anyone know why the lot is filling up so quickly? I was gone for about 2 weeks and when I get there now at 7:15 there are no spaces. Before when I got there at the same time, there were a ton of spaces. Any relief in site????
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 11:03am
Schools back in. Once school started.....the lot filled up quickly. I think there are people driving up from Stafford also. I get a lot of rides from the Pentagon from people who live further south,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic