Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst slug story in history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 10:15am
Here's a blotter:

ATTEMPT MALICIOUS WOUNDING-ARREST 10/25/10, 1100 block of S. Eads Street. On October 25 at 8:50 am, two occupants of a vehicle argued. When the passenger attempted to take a picture of the vehicle, the driver struck him with the car. Gene McKinney, 59, of Manassas, was charged with Attempted Malicious Wounding. He was held without bond.

http://www.arlnow.com/2010/10/28/crime-report-grand-theft-auto-edition-2/

Google his name and connect the dots........
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 10:23am
I googled and wow, I guess it explains lack of media coverage.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 11:05am
I just heard about this! OMG

quote:
Originally posted by mdog

I googled and wow, I guess it explains lack of media coverage.

Nic
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 1:02pm
^

Check out his resume:
http://binary-consulting.com/g_mckinney.php

quote:
On his Bio page
Following his Army career, Mr. McKinney was a successful lecturer and motivational speaker for self-empowerment and improvement for varying groups including youth programs and government personnel.

I can imagine his inspiring speeches including phrases like "having the DRIVE to succeed" and "using the tools and strengths you have available to you to help you overcome or push things out of the way should they impede your desired goal..."

EDIT:
I assume his wife won't be bailing him out either:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n18_v93/ai_21250108/

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 8:32am
If this is indeed the former Sergeant Major of the Army, it's suprising that the local press hasn't picked up on this.
lauramay View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauramay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 2:27pm
that some crazy stuff... i think the system prides itself on the lack of crime incidents. i know this dude is one of very few, but may have scared some future sluggers or slugees from joinging us. shame. i hope this guy gets what's coming to him... ESPECIALLY with his history. what a creep.
Pentagon1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 9:57am
Are we sure this is the same Gene McKinney, former SGM of the Army? If so, I would think the press would be all over it.

But regardless, what a wacko to do something like that.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 5:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by lauramay

that some crazy stuff... i think the system prides itself on the lack of crime incidents. i know this dude is one of very few, but may have scared some future sluggers or slugees from joinging us. shame. i hope this guy gets what's coming to him... ESPECIALLY with his history. what a creep.

He won't... Justice is given to those that can afford it. He's got money. I forsee a slap on the wrist and some anger management classes at the most.

quote:
Originally posted by Pentagon1

Are we sure this is the same Gene McKinney, former SGM of the Army? If so, I would think the press would be all over it.

But regardless, what a wacko to do something like that.

His bio page says "On administrative leave"...

Same name and on leave due to a misconduct investigation seem to be too many coincidences...

OP, can you confirm the pic on the bio page?

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 8:29am
quote:
Originally posted by Pentagon1

Hardly - the local press is afraid to touch stuff like this. May be in 2 years...
tmcc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 9:11am
It is 100% the same guy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic