Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLugQn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stafford
    Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:16pm
Grettings everyone ~

I currently reside in Stafford and was told that there was a slug line on Garrisonville off of 610 heading to the Washington Navy Yard. I Sthat true?

Another questions? Can someone tell where are the slug lines leaving the Washington Navy Yard?

Thank you for your input in advance and please be safe out there.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:24am
The 610 lot behind McDonald's does include Navy Annex drivers/riders but they are very few and usually end up going to the Pentagon instead. I've noticed people confuse Navy Annex with Navy Yard if they told you that was a destination.

The 610 Mine Road lot goes to Pentagon and downtown DC. I'm not sure if Navy Yard is a destination out of there though. Haven't heard anyone talk about it.
Gail View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:49pm
I slug from the 610 lot (on the Walmart side) otherwise known as the Mine Road lot. I see a number of slugs waiting for direct ride to the Navy Yard. It appears they are having pretty good luck and it looks like the number of people going in that direction has increased lately. When they can't get a ride to the Navy Yard, most of them will take a ride to L'Enfant Plaza or even 14th street and catch Metro the remainder of the way.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:01pm
From South Stafford, the Rte 17 lot also sometimes has drivers going to the Navy Yard. Often I think they just say "L'Enfant Plaza" but are really going to the Navy Yard, because they sometimes drop and then swing and get back on the highway. And there are plenty of rides to L'Enfant that drop you at the Metro.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 6:04pm
There is a line from the Mine Rd lot to the Navy Yard and we have a good sized group since DOT moved over to the area. I don't know of any lines back to Stafford, but we do have an email group that people use to get/give rides home. If you would like to email me, I can give you the details and answer any questions you may have.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic