Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Coordinated Rides Home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedgainesville slug line - anyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dshufle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gainesville slug line - anyone
    Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 1:11pm
hello,

I am a little taken back that slug lines only exist in rt 95 corridor. Am i the only one living west of DC that want to slug it?
i am not even opposed to driving in, just so i can take the HOV in...

i work near chinatown, and i pay an arm and a leg (and 2 hours of pure hell) to get into work. My company is even willing to pay for parking, i just need a second body. Oh btw i could drive a honda s2000 (convertible sports car).

Is anyone interested in sharing some of my gas costs and slugging it with me with the intention of sharing the drviing responsibility at times.

Or perhaps i can get enough interest to start a slug line out in gainesville.

Thank you.
jfjbristow View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfjbristow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:00pm
I live in Bristow and I work off 14th street and parking is ridiculous at my job, so I never drive in, and just drive over to Woodbrdige and slug.

I do know that there are a lot of people that live out that way and work in DC, but there is no slug line. But if you're interested in starting a slug line, look at the lot in Bristow where the Harris Teeter is (at the intersection of Linton Hall and 28), by the water fountains. It's a pretty good size lot that is not being used, and people from Gainesville and Bristow could pick up and drop off there. Just a suggestion.

JJ
woowade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woowade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:03pm
I wish that a slug line could be started from Centreville to L'Enfant Plaza.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic