Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Split Horner AM 14th St/ Navy Yard-L'Enfant line
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Split Horner AM 14th St/ Navy Yard-L'Enfant line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tiberius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiberius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 10:16pm
I say KEEP the the line as it is. If the Navy Yard driver or some other non L'Enfant location sluggers think there is an issue, then let them move.

Don't get so bent out of shape. Is your job or you so important that you can't wait a few extra minutes? If those few extra waiting minutes are causing you a problem, then maybe you should get up earlier, Don't take away my option, just to save you a few minutes. Therefore, I vote to keep the L'Enfant line where it is.

Tiberius
riverotter2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riverotter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 10:17am
IF you want people to vote, then please make sure you give them some choices. Per some prior comments, this whole mess seems to be all about the Navy Yard people. If they want their own line, let them have it. I think there would be a lot less opposition if they weren't trying to force the L'Enfant drivers and slugs to give up their options and join them.

So please make sure all options are available for the vote;

- Keep the line as is.

- Split the line in 2, 14th St and L'Enfant stay at regular location, Navy Yard moves to another location.

- Split the line in 2, L'Enfant and Navy yard stay at regular location, 14th St moves to another location (since it is the shorter line per comments above).

Now that I think about it, If the Navy Yard people want their own line, why don't they just move. WE DON'T NEED TO VOTE ON THAT.
PDenny View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 9:03pm
An Evite has been created to put this whole thing to a vote and finally to rest. Flyers will be placed at the line tomorrow afternoon to explain the how this will take place. See below for a copy of the flyer. Please make sure as many people know about this opportunity to weigh in on a decision of whether to keep the line as it is or split it. The only way to get a true read on what the majority wants is if everyone, including the drivers have the opportunity to vote. Thanks for the help.

HORNER ROAD DECISION
Since recombining the slug-lines several people have voiced their opinions. We all understand that we do not have a Board of Directors and to this point decisions whether good or not so good have been made by one or two people. The suggestion has been made to put the decision to split to a vote. Since it’s pretty much impossible to get everyone in the same room, an e-vote is next best thing. There has been an e-vite set up to be sent out to all riders and drivers. By submitting an e-mail address (real or one made up just for this vote) to hornerroaddecision@yahoo.com you will eligible to cast a vote. Once the voting has finished and the decision made, this e-mail account will be closed.
The benefit of an e-vite is that the entire process will be transparent. You will be able to see the current count by simply logging into e-vite. That being said you may have to set up an e-vite account (free). All of this will be in the e-vite e-mail you receive. The next step is for you to e-mail the address above to request an e-vite be sent to you. Please make sure your driver has received one of these. Thank you.
Voting will close February 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Salty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 12:08pm
Is anyone working on a plan? I would like to post some graphics showing all the propsed location but I dont know how.
cmurray0 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmurray0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 7:20am
I'm in on voting to split and relocate the line. I can't believe people think one line is working well when we have cars idling in line halfway through the lot. Splitting the line doubles the process of filling those waiting cars.... think about it and learn to accept change. If the line gets moved to a different area it would be harder for a lone protester to divert the line back to 1 and ruin it for everyone.

You will have to pass a form through the slug line and somehow get driver's emails for the vote since most people are not on this board.
ElGuapo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElGuapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 2:35pm
When the line was split things moved a lot more efficiently. Now that it's back to one line my morning commute takes longer. I think the idea of putting it to a vote, rather than allowing a few self-appointed "enforcers" dictate to the majority, is a great idea. Granted, the previous split arrangement has some safety and logistics challenges, so let's move one of the lines (14th or WNY/LP) to another location, such as upstream of the 18th Street line. My suggestion is to move the 14th Street line there, since it appears that the volume of riders and drivers going to WNY/LP is more and getting larger.

ElGuapo
PDenny View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:35pm
Where do we stand on this whole issue? I still think the lines should be split. I know a couple of people I've ridden with suggested moving the WNY and L'Enfant people to a different place in the lot. For instance the line could be moved to the main road and positioned before the 18th street people. It would then be WNY/L'Enfant then 18th St then the bus stop. That is a safe place for those of us standing in line plus the majority of drivers typically are already merging to the middle lane with the potential of having the go around the buses. Anyone going the current pickup point can make they're right turn at the first right from Horner rd. Another suggestion was to put the line in that one section where it is minivan parking only (around the corner from 18th St line). Granted that place is not as safe as the main strip location, but can be done. Either way, I'm sure things will move smoother than how it's going now.

Since we don't have a board running the line we could consider putting this to a vote. I would be willing to set up an e-vite. With an e-vite each person is given one opportunity to vote yea or nay. In order to do so, I would create an account that people would send in their e-mail addresses to. These e-mails addresses could be their normal everyday e-mail or they could create one for this specific vote. Either way, the e-mails would not be distributed beyond the vote and this would give all participants one and only one opportunity to vote. Each of us that is sent the e-vite would be able to view the running tally of votes.

Let everyone know what you think. Splitting the line just seems more efficient for both riders and drivers.
GeorgeML View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeML Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 11:37am
I believe the cars that plug up the line (regardless of where the line is) are Navy Yard cars. I remember a few months ago one driver (Black Pickup) would only accept riders who were going "into the yard." His insistance of only accepting "badged riders" was in my view inconsiderate. Some of the Navy yard cars who wait for riders also do not stop close to the right side of the road which prevents any other cars from passing. When you get three Navy yard drivers who either refuse to take riders to a nearby location or drop off along the way, it plugs up the system. If a majority would like to split the line, then I recommend that you split out only the Navy Yard cars so other cars and riders can go to work without being unnecessarily impacted. I do not see from the comments posted that a majority like the two lines. I think the main underlying issue is what to do with Navy Yard Cars without riders... ;-)
TR025 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TR025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 1:35pm
Let me pile on with my frustrations about re-combining the line as I sit in a line of cars 10-15 deep with riders trolling down the line to find someone to take them to wherever...the idea to split the line was outstanding but poorly executed. Let's try again, this time with some planning! Let everyone know it's going to happen, post signs for two-three weeks and pass out fliers with diagrams showing where the lines will be located. Find a location in the lot that will accomodate a line without putting riders at risk. Suggest keeping L'Enfant and Navy Yard together, and splitting out 14th St riders. Leave LF and Navy in the current location and re-locate the 14th St Line. If you build it, advertise it properly and thoughtfully, and execute it...it will work!!!!
bobbrannon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbrannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 6:45pm
this morning was tough ... we really do need to sort this problem out soon.

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic