Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Split Horner AM 14th St/ Navy Yard-L'Enfant line
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Split Horner AM 14th St/ Navy Yard-L'Enfant line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 1:51pm
The split make perfect sense and works great. My wait time has been reduced quite a bit. Don't understand why people are complaining.
Tina55 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 1:57pm
To everyone complaining that they no longer have options beause of the split! Many of the 14 Street sluggers or drivers could also go to 18 th Street. They don't have the options of getting into one line and choosing. Sluggers or drivers have to make a choice every day and hope they choose the line that moves quickest.
Paul67 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 2:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by bacano

splitting the line in two is a great idea and is already working, altough some people are still confused.. lets stick with it, and make sure everybody knows how to work it.

I am with bacano. Great idea, let's stick with it and make sure everyone knows how it works.
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 3:04pm
Seems like most people responding are riders...as a driver I will give my .02 cents FWIW....

For the most part it has been ok. I just need to get into the city and always loved the option of pulling up and choosing 14th and L first, and if no one was going there could switch to L'Enfant. That is now a little harder.

One day last week the line of cars was extremely long. I come in from telegraph Rd and generally pull in at the first right and go along the whole back side of the parking lot to pick up. This day I sat there for almost 10 minutes before I realized all the cars in line were for Navy Yard or L'Enfant!!! No cars were in the 14th street at all.
Could I drive further up and turn right where the line meets? OF course, but with the "new line-up" I feel its and elevated risk of something happening. Now I would have to pull in and stay to the right ensuring I dont hit anyone crossing over or cars who are waiting. And if someone halfway turns down the new L'Enfant line, they are now blocking my access to get people for 14th causing further issues if anyone pulls in behind me.
presto34 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presto34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 9:17am
I'm in favor of the new split. The old way is just way too long of a wait to get a ride. For those who don't like the new split I can understand why all the big fuss. Even if you like the option of going to L'Enfant or 14th your wait time would still be less if you were to move from one line to the next.

The only reason this is seen a a bad idea is because people are still getting use to it. But there is no doubt that the lines need to be split up. I have waited for a ride to 14th St. at times for 25 min all because the all drivers are going to Navy Yard therefore holding up the cars behind it that are going to 14th.

I say leave the lines split and move the 14th street line up closer to the pentagon line near the small parking lot on horner Rd side. Therefore the lines a far enough apart that there should be no traffic issues.
LJD View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 10:35am
I'm against the split. I've driven it and ridden from it now, and it is definitely NOT shorter for me.

1. As a rider, I now do not have the option of either 14th or L'Enfant. I have to choose before getting in line.

2. As a rider, the length of the line ONLY DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN FRONT OF YOU GOING TO THE SAME DESTINATION. I cannot understand why many people don't get this.

3. As a driver going to 14th, I've been stuck behind a bunch of cars waiting to go to LE/WNY, and couldn't even get to the 14th street line, when there were poeple waiting for a ride. This is also bad as a rider.

4. As a driver, the lot is now very congested when cars back up and there is much more potential for car-to-car or car-to-pedestrian contact since the new line location blocks easy left turns to the 14th line, and can force the car line well into the parking lot.

I suggest we go back to one line (which was the case this morning) and as slugs be sure that the front riders are walking the car line and calling out destinations. Also, please put out the word to WNY riders that if there is a car waiting at the front, it is pretty much always waiting for a WNY rider - no mystery.
stewy1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 10:44am
What happen to the splitting of the lines this morning? Only one line this morning, with a sign stating one line! I'm in favor of the split. Let's stick with in!

stewy1
Kathi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:37am
I think this is an excellent idea as was disappointed to see that it wasn't in effect this morning, Dec. 13. I would suggest one change that might work better.
I think the L'Ef and Navy Yard line should be in the "original" line and the 14th St. line should be the new line. This past week showed that the L'Ef/NY lines are definitely long, and if the cars go the orignal route they will be accommodated better.
I think it's worth trying it that way.
My other suggestion would be to put BIG signs at the back of the parking lot indicating "go right" for L'Ef and Navy Yard and "go left" for 14th line.

KMc.
Salty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 12:25pm
Im a little bitter about the lines being joined back together. As a driver and a rider is it much preffered for me to have the lines split. There are too many people in this line. Both the driver line and the slug line are ridiculous. The only reason why these lines are combined is because some people like to have the choice on whether to get into a Lenfant car or a independence car. Well I really dont care about those people. I dont have a choice why should you.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 3:44pm
Just to get clarification, the line is now one not two? I use this line on occasion and want to make sure I don't make a mistake.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic