Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signs You Should Not Be In The Left Lane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 1:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by ktzmom13

Pele - people actually say "Excuse me" in the supermarket?? I must be shopping at the wrong store. Whatever happened to civility?

Civility is a two way street. Maybe you should ask why the person in the left lane has not moved over...most likely they are distracted by talking on their cell phone, checking messages on their blackberry, texting, or so absolutely clueless they think it is ok to drive 10 MPH under the speed limit in the left hand lane.
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 2:07pm
I think we should start adding the tag plate numbers to the forum.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 5:42pm
I've sat next to a driver who drove in the left lane. This person was oblivious to cars passing on the right, did not appear vengeful, or fearful of changing lanes. I think most people have absolutely no clue that they are frustrating other drivers.

Goober
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 8:29am
Another one to add:

If your exit lane is ultimately on the left, it does not mean that you drive your entire route in the left hand lane.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 9:27am
My favorite is when someone is going slow in the left lane, then you get enough room to pass them on the right and they speed up. [:(!]
IDIOTS!

Nic
DrChen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 12:30pm
Would it be rude to flash your headlights after being behind them on the left lane for even a little while and you know they can move over because there's no one else on the right lane? (remembered from somewhere it's not as good to pass on the right than the left, probably because we drive on the right side of road and sit on the left side of car, things in mirror on right are smaller than appear and further away, and harder to see clearly because that mirror if further away from us, driver, than the left mirror)
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 1:48pm
Some states actually have it in the driver's handbook to flash if you'd like to pass... It's a way of saying, "Excuse me, I'd like to get past."

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
soldierguardian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soldierguardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 8:53am
What is up with so many commuter vans riding in the left lane; often there are two vans sided-by-side going the same speed holding up traffic.

-soldierguardian

gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 10:47am
It is not rude to flash your lights at someone in the left lane, its the only way to say "excuse me" when driving in cars. Problem is, people now take flashing lights as "GTFO of my way slowpoke" and refuse to get over.

The system of slower traffic to the right and flashing lights worls in Europe quite well...yet we cannot seem to grasp the concept.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:46pm
quote:
Originally posted by gtivr6ps

It is not rude to flash your lights at someone in the left lane, its the only way to say "excuse me" when driving in cars. Problem is, people now take flashing lights as "GTFO of my way slowpoke" and refuse to get over.

The system of slower traffic to the right and flashing lights worls in Europe quite well...yet we cannot seem to grasp the concept.

Same reason they can have harsher winters without it being a big deal over there... Or have highways without speed limits...

Problem is that Americans drive like retards because everyone is "entitled" to a driver's license.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic