Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank Considerate Driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woowade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank Considerate Driver
    Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:54am
I would like to thank a driver who drove me yesterday afternoon who left the radio turned off. It was one of the most pleasant rides ever. What the driver probably did not know is that I had a terrible headache but being able to rest peacefully on the ride home helped.
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:59pm
Where were you picked up, and where was your destination? I ask because there has been some idle conversation about the manners encountered at different slug lines.
woowade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woowade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 3:13pm
I was picked up at 14th and Constitution and dropped off at Rolling Valley.
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 8:14am
There is an implication in Woowade's comment that a considerate driver will not use the radio. I don't think that is the case. I always have the radio on - 107.3 - and I don't think I'm being inconsiderate in the least.

Drivers should maintain a reasonable volume on the radio. However, if they choose to have a radio / CD on, it's their car and they are entitled to listen to music, talk shows, relgious programming or news. If I were a slug I am sure that my taste in music and programs would not match that of all drivers - but I wouldn't be paying for the ride.

Fortunately the stars aligned for you on that one day - but don't hold it against other drivers when they want to listen to the radio.
woowade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woowade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 9:06am
I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply the converse to my statement which would be that drivers who have their radios on are inconsiderate. I'm just thanking one particular driver who's radio was never turn on during the entire ride.

I was fortunate on the day that I had a terrible headache that the driver happen to not have his radio on and I do not hold against drivers who want to listen to the radio.
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 11:05pm
"Oosik -- There is an implication in Woowade's comment that a considerate driver will not use the radio"

Oosik -- shhhhh. It is clear that Woowade just wanted to thank the driver for the quiet. I suspect that Woowade had more than a mild headache but had to absolutely positively go to work regardless. Level of need to do so: 1) essential personnel; 2) unable to take sick leave for many, many reasons -- just starting, no leave accummulated; childcare issues, no leave left; currently the sole household income . . . fearful?

I'd like to add my thanks to any driver who doesn't have the radio on -- waaaay too many loud, empty voices.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic