Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afternoon lines to OH & 123/95 lot from 18th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DrChen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afternoon lines to OH & 123/95 lot from 18th
    Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 1:39pm
I think the OH line is listed for afternoon Pentagon because of thinking that Tacketts drivers might take the Rt 123 exit, but from what I see it is easier to that the Horner exit and loop back to Tackets from Telegraph. But no there is no specific pickup for OH... you have to slug back off 14th / starting Monday 28th, 15th street slug lines... I've been trying to figure that out since the beginning of this week.
solarcells View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarcells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:48am
- A lot of the 18th drivers and riders for 123/95 use a "personal network" in the afternoon to populate the cars.
- A lot of riders that work on or east of 18th just walk to the 14th lines (9-12 minutes depending on the lights).
- No backup bus line on 19th.

This combination makes it a little hard to get a critical mass of free riders and drivers from forming a usable line in the afternoon. I don't have any solutions, these are just my observations on why this line formation never works out. It would be nice though.
Shennan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:17am
I am having the hardest time finding a ride to the lot in the afternoon. People who are riding into 14th have multiple options to choose from but those of us who are riding into 18th only have the bus.

I understand people are trying to form a line at 19th & I. I don't see that working out because last week it was still only Horner and Patomac Mills lines formed. Also on the website it states that there is a OH line at the Pentagon. I went there and asked a few people if they knew where the line formed and no one knew. I assumed that the Tacketts Mill line would have been the best option considering how close the lots are but there were no 123 people in that line.

I just don't understand how the bus is the only option for 18th street slugs to get home.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic