Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

234 slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 234 slugs
    Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 2:15pm
Where are you in the afternoon? Also anyone working in the Chinatown area that slugs to 234??? I am a driver.. thanks!

Nic
snlfam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snlfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 4:41pm
Unless I can take the bus to transfer at a lot that I can get a slug ride from as a backup, I don't think this church lot will help with DC slugs unless there are routes to DC on the PRTC buses that go by here. I think would be an excellent place for Rosslyn-Ballston slugs. [:)]

If we want to use it as a working lot for DC routes, I don't have a problem with that only wouldn't we have at least as big of a problem getting drivers to drop off at this lot in the evening as the 123 lot? I am still putting my weight behind getting the 123 lot to function... and am having a little success. At least there, we have the bus as a backup.
keelhauld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelhauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 9:04pm
14th and F is as good a place as any to bring together the 234 crowd in the afternoon. As Pagni pointed out in a different thread now that the Dale City and Lake Ridge buses have been pushed to 15th Street it should be easy to establish a 234 line at 14th and F. 234 Slugs, tell your morning drivers that more and more slugs are looking for rides to the 234 lot from 14th and F in front of the old Borders bookstore. The bus line tends to form against the building and the slugs usually line up at the curb. Signs help! Maybe we can finally get a regular line going to 234 from downtown.

quote:
Originally posted by NO44

Where are you in the afternoon? Also anyone working in the Chinatown area that slugs to 234??? I am a driver.. thanks!

Nic

JSB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 2:47pm
quote:

Nic

When does 234 gets filled in the AM?
Beth Pagni View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Pagni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 2:59pm
with the Potomac Mills changes, it's been filling up by 730am!
JSB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 3:43pm
Thanks. Website says that 234 fills by 6:30am. May be it is old information. If 234 is ok until 7:15am, I can give a try. In the PM cars are always available for 234 at the Pentagon.
Beth Pagni View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Pagni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 4:40pm
that may have been before the 234 lot was expanded too---
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 12:45pm
14th and F please! If not 14th and Independence.. i just need some 234 bodies!

quote:
Originally posted by keelhauld

14th and F is as good a place as any to bring together the 234 crowd in the afternoon. As Pagni pointed out in a different thread now that the Dale City and Lake Ridge buses have been pushed to 15th Street it should be easy to establish a 234 line at 14th and F. 234 Slugs, tell your morning drivers that more and more slugs are looking for rides to the 234 lot from 14th and F in front of the old Borders bookstore. The bus line tends to form against the building and the slugs usually line up at the curb. Signs help! Maybe we can finally get a regular line going to 234 from downtown.

quote:

Nic

Nic
sluggaboo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluggaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 2:53pm
Between 4:30 and 5:30pm there are lots of slugs at 14th & F headed to the Rt. 234 lot. I'm one of them. After 10-15 minutes of waiting we just get on the bus. I'll be there again today hoping to get a ride home! [:D][/font=Georgia]
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 3:14pm
i leave at 4 from Chinatown! Hope to catch 2, shoot I will take 3!

quote:
Originally posted by sluggaboo

Between 4:30 and 5:30pm there are lots of slugs at 14th & F headed to the Rt. 234 lot. I'm one of them. After 10-15 minutes of waiting we just get on the bus. I'll be there again today hoping to get a ride home! [:D][/font=Georgia]

Nic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic