Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City destinations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City destinations
    Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 10:54am
Although slugging to the Pentagon or 14th/Independence is most direct for me, it appears that I will be slugging to Crystal City for the most part (from Dale City/Gemini). When I am indeed slugging and not taking the bus.

What are the agreed-upon destinations/drop points in Crystal City? We don't have a map for it in the home page's left pane. Maybe it's in the afternoon slug stuff; I'll check that.

But you all can tell me also.

I am presently getting dropped at the Crystal City Metro, but I am ultimately going to Capitol Hill. So, if the Pentagon City Metro is a drop point, that would be terrific. Save a few minutes.

Thanks.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 12:54pm
Don't know if it's changed, but when I used to slug to Crystal City from Burke the morning drop-off destinations were whatever the slug could negotiate with the driver. [:)]
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 2:17pm
These are the agreed upon drop off points as I know them:

Army/Navy Drive
12 & Clark
Crytsal City Metro
23rd St

I have been in a car where the driver misunderstood which metro and started to go to the Pentagon City (PC). Other times drivers have been willing to drop passengers off at street corners. I have even seen driver stop at 12th & Eads, which is not THAT far (and I say that because I have walked it and it was maybe a 5 min walk, don't remember) from the PC metro, so if I were you, I would ask the driver before you get in if they would be willing to let you out at the PC metro, and if they say no, then it is up to you if you want to get in or try to have better luck with the next car.

Hope that helps![:)]
southbridgemom View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southbridgemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 11:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by slug123456789

These are the agreed upon drop off points as I know them:

Army/Navy Drive
12 & Clark
Crytsal City Metro
23rd St

I have been in a car where the driver misunderstood which metro and started to go to the Pentagon City (PC). Other times drivers have been willing to drop passengers off at street corners. I have even seen driver stop at 12th & Eads, which is not THAT far (and I say that because I have walked it and it was maybe a 5 min walk, don't remember) from the PC metro, so if I were you, I would ask the driver before you get in if they would be willing to let you out at the PC metro, and if they say no, then it is up to you if you want to get in or try to have better luck with the next car.

Hope that helps![:)]

WOW! I learned something today! Thanks so much! I'll pass this info along to PNT sluggers, so they can use the CC lines if they need to. [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic