Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "new" line at Horner Rd is in a bad spot!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momx3va Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "new" line at Horner Rd is in a bad spot!
    Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 8:08am
The "new" split-off line at Horner Rd between the 18th Street line and the bus stop is in a bad location ~ the line runs into the 18th street line, cars are backing up into the 18th Street line of cars, they are also blocking the busses, if there are two buses, the second bus has to wait in the left hand lane to be able to pull up to the bus stop which backs up cars trying to drive thru to the HOV lanes and the "top" lot. This new line is really blocking the bus stops! Why didn't "they" move this line up to the far end of the sidewalk from where the original line is? The line of people could stand in that tiny parking lot and the drivers could stop along the sidewalk if they have to wait ~ it's just before the "road" drops down to one lane ~ so, there is room for cars to wait if they have to.

OR, move the 18th Street line "back" 50-60 ft ~ across the entrance to the parking lot to the wholly un-used sidewalk! Drivers would just have to pay close attention not to pull off into someone turning right illegally from the left hand lane ~ so, may be better to put the line 20-30 feet down the sidewalk closer to Telegraph Rd, not right at the corner!

Something has to give ~ it's confusing AND dangerous as is and I'm sure the bus company is going to complain before long!
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:51am
This is exactly why I posted up a comment last week regarding where drivers are supposed to pick people up for this line. When it stated, I was told by a rider to pick up inside the sidewalk where people stand (i.e. the parking lot side) so not to block traffic. I now see people are just pulling up to pick people up, probably because it is to inconveniant for them come through the parking lot. Last week, I actually lost a slug who should have jumped into my car because someone pulled up and yelled out 14th St.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic