Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Woodbridge Driver Looking For Riders After 7:30 AM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge Driver Looking For Riders After 7:30 AM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodbridge Driver Looking For Riders After 7:30 AM
    Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:12pm
I am seeking 2 riders for daily commute into DC from the Potomac Mills area, preferably to 14th and New York but would consider 18th Street also. I would be leaving between 7:30 and 8 am.

Anyone interested? If so, please let me know how to reach you.

Thanks!
Boo123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 6:43pm
Those of us leaving home around that time (7:30am-8:00am) are only going to find parking at the Dale City/Gemini Way or 123 lots. I don't know if the 123 slugging idea has grown legs or not. I am gathering that you are trying not to drive into Woodbridge too deeply, but that's where the bodies are going to be (if there will be any bodies). 'Cause we cannot park anywhere else.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 7:34am
Like the other person said, don't know how far into woodbridge you want to go but Tackets should still have parking as well as the new lot the Church near Minnieville and PW PKWY will have parking for sure! Just my 2 cents; I don't go into DC.
jpw56 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 12:06pm
Many thanks - will try driving over to Dale City lot and see if I have some luck.

Those of us leaving home around that time (7:30am-8:00am) are only going to find parking at the Dale City/Gemini Way or 123 lots. I don't know if the 123 slugging idea has grown legs or not. I am gathering that you are trying not to drive into Woodbridge too deeply, but that's where the bodies are going to be (if there will be any bodies). 'Cause we cannot park anywhere else.
Boo123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 10:00pm
Just a warning about Tacketts. I don't know if things have settled down to allow some room at Tacketts every day (post-3/14), but early on, I was pushed out of Tacketts and Lake Ridge (the places I used to park) by the early birds. I can barely get into Tacketts on Mondays. On Fridays, I can park in the Lake Ridge lot. (Compflexers and Maxiflexers not driving in, of course.) Tuesday-Thursday, when everybody is going to work, I am looking at the Dale City and 123 lots. I typically leave home between 7:30am-8:00am.

As a driver, you may be alright going to Tacketts late morning. But I thought I should tell you about the pattern I am seeing.
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:46am
There is parking available at Tackett's usually until around 8 or 8:15am, although you may have to park in the lot by the McDonald's and walk across the street to the lines. This may not work for the originial poster who wants to pick up for 14th or 18th (since the lines only go to Pentagon/L'Enfant, Crystal City or Rosslyn), but I have definitely seen slugs in line at Tackett's up until the bus comes at 8:47am.
jpw56 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 4:27pm
Many thanks.. the last poster was correct. Unable to find folks to 14th or 18th at Tacketts. Have tried several places and no luck finding riders - doesn't seem like 123 is getting a big enough turnout. Am finding myself driving in alone - at least a 1-1/2 hour drive so if anyone out there is still in search of a steady ride, I'm available.

Safe commuting!
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 4:43pm
If only you were headed to L'Enfant around that time, I'd be happy to ride with you!

Good luck - hopefully, the slugging community will get a line together at the new church sometime soon - then perhaps you will find riders headed downtown.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 12:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by jpw56

Many thanks.. the last poster was correct. Unable to find folks to 14th or 18th at Tacketts. Have tried several places and no luck finding riders - doesn't seem like 123 is getting a big enough turnout. Am finding myself driving in alone - at least a 1-1/2 hour drive so if anyone out there is still in search of a steady ride, I'm available.

Safe commuting!

Have you tried the OH?

Nic
jpw56 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpw56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 1:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by NO44

quote:
Originally posted by jpw56

Safe commuting!

Have you tried the OH?

Nic

Pardon the newbie question .. but what's the OH? Omni Hub perhaps?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic