Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refusing rides

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:46pm
From http://www.slug-lines.com/Slugging/Etiquette.asp:

quote:
Slugs have the right to pass or forfeit a ride if they do not like a particular car. Lets say a couple of rough-looking characters pull up and your gut feeling tells you this ride isnt safe. PASS. There are plenty of other rides that will pass your own personal "gut" check.

As a slug, you have the right to pass on any ride, based on your "gut" feelings. Bottom line is, if you don't want to get in a car for whatever reason, you don't have to - no one is forcing you!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:41pm
Just curious if any of you have an opinion on these:

Diplomats - I notice a few cars with diplomatic plates will stop and pick up slugs. That is very nice of them because, to my knowledge, they don't have to obey our traffic laws (they can be pulled over, but not cited). That said, I wouldn't ride in one since, if the driver does something stupid that causes my death or injury, I have no recourse against them (Diplomatic Immunity).

Cars with rejected VA inspections. Had this happen the other day. Nice BMW pulled up to 19 & F. I noticed the failure sticker and I passed on the ride. Granted the sticker could be for something simple as a burnt out bulb, but I figure another ride will be along shortly.

Thoughts anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic