Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refusing rides

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 3:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by CJ

So as a slug its pretty easy for me to refuse a ride from someone. you just look the other way, pretend you're going somewhere else, whatever. lots of ways to be passive aggressive about it. As the driver it's a bit bit more difficult to avoid confrontation if you don't want the chronic smoker or the gum-popping farter or the holy-roller who wants to convert you in 30 minutes or less. How do you deal with that?

CJ

For the smoker-passenger - see above. I take a few deep breaths before taking off, while they're getting buckled - if someone's perfume or eau de cigarette is starting an asthma attack - I politely let them know they need to find another ride - and why.

Just about anyone else - you'd probably have to just suck it up. I do recall that some time ago, for Potomac Mills, there were a few slugs from Rosslyn that would get refused entry.

As for the high-roller - I'd politely tell them to drop it, and make a note of them - to post a description here as well as to avoid them in the future. And if they didn't, I'd likely roll down the window on that side so I couldn't hear them - with the latch locked to keep it down ^_^

I've HAD that discussion, when my plates were VA WITCH, or VA WICAN. And most either had a mature discussion or dropped it. Those that didn't, I generally just turned up the radio & ignored them. One of the rights I served to protect was freedom of religion, both mainstream & not. And that will never change.
downtowndcslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downtowndcslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:39pm
I hate the people who try to sell you things like Avon or whatever on the way to your destination...talk about uncomfortable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic