Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug Lines at FBC and Rt 123 - 2 May 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 12:47pm
I agree. We need a dedicated L'Efant line.
VAwitch View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:36am
I ECHO a L'ENFANT LINE IS NEEDED @ FBC!!

I currently ride from Dale City after PM closed, since I can't get to Horner earlier due to child-care restrictions.

I stand in the Pentagon line now, and run about 50/50 for drivers &/or riders being 100% L'Enfant destinations.

So another L'Enfant line, at Dale City or the FBC is badly needed.
jmattey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmattey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 6:20pm
I'm starting at Pentagon in July will look to slug from I-95 & rt 123. JM
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 1:36pm
Admin - is there ANY way that we could add a line to L'Enfant from FBC? I think that this could definitely work for those of us trying to get downtown later in the morning.

As far as the afternoon, we can use the existing Horner slug line to return - we could either create a line that goes back to FBC there, OR catch the PM Rosslyn bus as it reaches the Horner lot en route to FBC at 4:19, 5:07, 5:53 and 6:51pm.

The options for us L'Enfant slugs are just SO limited these days, especially towards the tail end of the commute.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 1:16pm
Starting on 2 May 2011, three new slug lines proposed:

At the First Baptist Church (FBC):
1) Rosslyn
2) Pentagon
3) 14/18/L'enfant JUST ADDED
*Map to be posted soon

At the Rt.123 and I-95:
1) 14th/18th Street
*Map to be posted soon

New FBC Slug Lines:

The problem with the FBC Commuter Lot (370 parking spaces) is that even though PRTC added a bus stop to the Rosslyn/Ballston (R-1, R-2, R-3 and R-4)it wasn't enough to provide the kind of backup service we slugs need in case we cannot find a ride.

To help the slugs, PRTC (OmniRide) is adding a shuttle bus service from Horner Road commuter lot to FBC. Since the vast majority of all bus service runs through Horner Road this will allow slugs to take any bus to Horner and then take the shuttle to FBC.

The shuttle is scheduled to leave Horner Road for the FBC lot at
***Corrections*** See Link PRTC Site with Shuttle Information
Shuttle
D-121, D-206 - 7:05 PM, 7:15 PM
D-123 - 7:26 PM, 7:36 PM
NX-1 - 8:24 PM, 8:34 PM

Commuters will also still be able to use the Rosslyn line to travel between the Horner Road and First Baptist lots in the morning and earlier in the evening.

On the return trip, slug should use the existing Potomac Mills slug lines. So, the line would actually be Potomac Mills/FBC.

For 14th/18th/WNY Slugs:

A new line is already underway at the Rt.123 and I-95 commuter lot to help the overcrowding at the Old Hechingers lot. As you know, the Old Hechingers lot gets full by around 8:00 am. Placing a new line at Rt. 123 makes it easy for drivers and slugs to shift to this location once Old Hechingers is full.

On the return trip, use the existing Old Hechinger's lines. The idea is that drivers will be willing to drop slugs at either Rt. 123 or Old Hechinger's. This is similiar to how Tackett's Mill drivers operate - they pick up slugs for either Horner or Tackett's.

Please provide input and thought on if this will work or if it could work better.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic