Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Changes coming for hybrid vehicles in Va. HOV lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChanges coming for hybrid vehicles in Va. HOV lane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:46am
Yes you are correct the Virginia law makers haven't changed the I-95/I-395 HOV lanes as of yet. We can only hope and Pray they learn from CA. Or are you one of those of give large kick backs to our lawmakers to help them look the other way.

No error in my posting. I stated I hope VA would get smart and do teh same as CA. The rest of the posting was a copy and paste. Glad to be able to help make your day.

billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 2:48pm
I drive on 395 HOV everyday; so what is the final verdict on hybrids ? I got confused following all of the messages on this topic. I am for HOV-3 for everybody with no hybrid exceptions
jramage View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jramage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 7:33am
I agree with billy; HOV-3 for everyone. I'm all for green technology, but if the hybrid drivers REALLY want to impact the environment, they'd be picking up two passengers like everyone else to lessen the number of cars on the road. And make taxis do the same.
siggy14 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siggy14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 2:01pm
If taxis do not have a fare they are suppose to be taking two riders as well.
quote:
Originally posted by jramage

I agree with billy; HOV-3 for everyone. I'm all for green technology, but if the hybrid drivers REALLY want to impact the environment, they'd be picking up two passengers like everyone else to lessen the number of cars on the road. And make taxis do the same.

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 1:36am
If y'all believe what YOU post, you'd all be on a bus!
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 2:56pm
everybody needs to contact their state reprsentatives to voice the displeasure. For every one complaint received there are 10 more people that just don't do anything about it. politicians know this, I hope.

All it takes is a simple e-mail. Our commute time depends on our collective efforts
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 3:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by billybaru

everybody needs to contact their state reprsentatives to voice the displeasure. For every one complaint received there are 10 more people that just don't do anything about it. politicians know this, I hope.

All it takes is a simple e-mail. Our commute time depends on our collective efforts

Couldn't agree wtih you more about writng your delegate and senator. I do so frequently; both agree that the best alternative is to kill the carpool exemption from the express lanes, but they fear the backlash from knucleheads who are only interested in themselves and not the greater good. So they compromise with "good enough" by keeping the only exemption that really makes sense anymore - the hybrid exemption. If only they had the courage to do the right thing and eliminate the carpool exemption...
HOVME View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 3:33pm
Looks like the General Assembly today passed the hybrid extension with no expiration date.

HOVME
HOVME View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:13pm
NEW LAW FOR HYBRIDS ON HOV LANES
With proper tag, hybrids can use lanes until further notice

Per Virgina DMV: "Under a new law approved by the General Assembly and signed by Gov. Robert F. McDonnell, drivers of hybrid vehicles may continue to use the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on Interstates 66, 395, 95 and the Dulles Toll Road during rush hours, provided they have the required clean fuel license plate.

The new law leaves the hybrid exemption open-ended rather than providing a one-year extension as in previous years. This means that hybrids with the approved clean fuel tag (issued before the required dates below) can continue to use the HOV lanes until further notice."

HOVME
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 1:02pm
Since a spammer bumped my thread! :) The new EzPass Express lanes will not have an HOV-3 Exeption for Hybrids, even if they still have their 8+ year old license plates. They will be required to pay tolls for the toll portion of the road, and still be able to use the HOV only portion of the road as they have been.

http://www.95expresslanes.com/travel-hybrid

Here's the Quote: However, a small portion of Virginia hybrid drivers are eligible to access the HOV lanes on I-95 during rush hour without meeting the HOV requirement (3+ people). Virginia law makes a special exception for only those hybrids whose clean fuel plates were issued before July 1, 2006. When the Express Lanes open, these drivers must pay a toll or have three people in the car to use the Express Lanes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic