Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:25am
NO44/Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Egypt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

quote:
Originally posted by NO44

quote:
Originally posted by marlyP

VEHICLE TO WATCH OUT FOR: {RT 17 Stafford; TAG # VA xrf-7336 Toyota SUV; light grey or bluish, w/large crack along driver side of windshield; african-american woman appeared to be late 20's/mid-thirties; short and pretty heavy in size; well, I'll be honest, she was a little OBESE.

I had a very unpleasant experience Friday (15th) morning when I boarded this young woman's vehicle at RT. 17 (Stafford). There was already a guy in the back seat. No sooner as I got in, and before we even got out the parking lot she clicks on the CD, volume already set LOUDLY and out blast this sensually provocative R&B song. NEVER ONCE ASKED US: "Does my music bother you all?", "is it too loud?" SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE PASSENGERS IN HER VEHICLE! It was like she was possessed and in her own zone! I was prepared to get out but she zoomed out the parking lot onto the road so fast she really didn't give us a choice. I gave her a look and even asked her 10 minutes into the ride, "would you mind just turning the volume down a little?" She smacked her lips and appeared to be annoyed and tapped the button lightly, not really making a difference. The succession of OFFENSIVE songs continued: Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, some other Pop/R&B songs I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it! The guy in the back wasn't saying anything. He was probably thinking, "hey, I'll deal with it' I'm just trying to get to work." NO! IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Once we got to the Pentagon -- the guy was headed to Crystal City -- I quietly got out and stood directly in front of her vehicle and wrote down her tag number. She shouted something out the window but I acted like I didn't even hear it and proceeded to walk away.

In closing: FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR LOUD, NASTY, OBNOXIOUS MUSIC, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE! BUT DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME!!!! DON'T PICK UP SLUGGERS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EXTEND COURTESY AND RESPECT TO AT LEAST ASK, "DOES MY MUSIC/VOLUME BOTHER YOU?" GIVE THE SLUGGER THE OPTION OF STAYING OR EXITING YOUR VEHICLE. THANK YOU.

How is Jay-Z offensive? I have every album and I am really trying to recall an offensive track... maybe you could be more specific? And was it the radio?

Nic

MARLYP
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:43am

Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Eygpt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

[

No I get my spiritual feeding from God. I was merely pointing out your ignorance in the fact that you clASSified Jay-Z and other rappers/entertainers as devil worshippers. And now you ASSume I have no idea what is going on with Egypt? See I dont assume, but I do base my judgments from how individuals portray themselves. Here is my conclusion of the type of person you are: IGNORANT. You know nothing of rap/hip hop or how many lives it affects in a positive manner, nor can you spell. You must work for the Government (That's a federal joke, but you probably don't know what that means... what a shame!) SMDH as well.

Nic
ShellyBee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:19pm
Wow. Nasty, nasty comments on this blog. Like others said, slugging benefits both the drives and the riders and it behooves us all to treat each other with courtesy and respect. Loud music is obnoxious regardless of what genre it is (bluegrass/fiddle, sermons, a Catholic mass [I'm Catholic] - I've been "treated" to them all). Clearly, this driver needs some lessons in common courtesy, but MarlyP, so do you as your righteous and judgemental attitudes do not belong here. If you don't like pop music, don't listen to it and be more selective about the cars you get in to.

BTW, I am a 51 yr old professional woman with a 12 yr old daughter and I happen to like Jay Z and Lady GaGa. To assume that I am a devil worshiper because I listen to their music is simply absurd.
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:34pm

Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Eygpt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

[

No I get my spiritual feeding from God. I was merely pointing out your ignorance in the fact that you clASSified Jay-Z and other rappers/entertainers as devil worshippers. And now you ASSume I have no idea what is going on with Egypt? See I dont assume, but I do base my judgments from how individuals portray themselves. Here is my conclusion of the type of person you are: IGNORANT. You know nothing of rap/hip hop or how many lives it affects in a positive manner, nor can you spell. You must work for the Government (That's a federal joke, but you probably don't know what that means... what a shame!) SMDH as well.

Nic
[/quNO44/nic - SMDH?? WOW, such harsh language? Don't get upset:-) But this will be my last post to you, b/c I really want you to get this and not perish in YOUURRR ignorance my dear. READ YOUR BIBLE AND DO YOUR RESEARCH MY SISTAH. Stop allowing the Enemy/Satan/Adversary/Accuser...to DECEIVE YOU! As for my spelling, eh, the fingers get a little crazy, but you got the message, right? That's why you're upset. No I'm not a government worker, but a private contractor and as long as those numbers and zeros add up when my checks come in, the spelling is my LEAST worry. Trust me on that! Have a blessed day![;)]

MARLYP
HMumford View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HMumford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:49pm
quote:

[

Nic
[/quNO44/nic - SMDH?? WOW, such harsh language? Don't get upset:-) But this will be my last post to you, b/c I really want you to get this and not perish in YOUURRR ignorance my dear. READ YOUR BIBLE AND DO YOUR RESEARCH MY SISTAH. Stop allowing the Enemy/Satan/Adversary/Accuser...to DECEIVE YOU! As for my spelling, eh, the fingers get a little crazy, but you got the message, right? That's why you're upset. No I'm not a government worker, but a private contractor and as long as those numbers and zeros add up when my checks come in, the spelling is my LEAST worry. Trust me on that! Have a blessed day![;)]

MARLYP

Is this a joke? What a nutter!
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:54pm
quote:

[

Nic

MARLYP

Ohhh you're a temp! Explains a lot. And I'm not angry. I was just a little taken aback with the ignorance your comment expressed. While I agree people shouldn't blast their music, I am still baffled there are people as judgemental as you around.

You have a blessed day as well.

Nic
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ShellyBee

Wow. Nasty, nasty comments on this blog. Like others said, slugging benefits both the drives and the riders and it behooves us all to treat each other with courtesy and respect. Loud music is obnoxious regardless of what genre it is (bluegrass/fiddle, sermons, a Catholic mass [I'm Catholic] - I've been "treated" to them all). Clearly, this driver needs some lessons in common courtesy, but MarlyP, so do you as your righteous and judgemental attitudes do not belong here. If you don't like pop music, don't listen to it and be more selective about the cars you get in to.

BTW, I am a 51 yr old professional woman with a 12 yr old daughter and I happen to like Jay Z and Lady GaGa. To assume that I am a devil worshiper because I listen to their music is simply absurd.

[/qShellyBee: You guys are really blowing this thing way out. I'm not assuming that at all....Let's stop with the debates; I agree this really isn't the forum for this type of discussion. However, this is not an opinion this is a spiritual FACT! Lady GaGa, Kanye,Jay-Z, Rihanna, and the list goes on and on, their music/videos, is DEMONIC and if you'll don't see anything wrong with it and allow your children to listen to that garbage, well then GOD HELP YOU!!! Jeez, people don't be so DECEIVED!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Stop allowing everything to feed into your spirit. (I'm sure you're gonna have a rebuttal but you try to enjoy the rest of your day and anyone else who wants to keep fueling the flames.) Let it go. smh

MARLYP
pentagonslug74 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentagonslug74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:21pm
You should keep your personal beliefs,(religious) to yourslef as some of us don't share your views or beliefs. Stick to the facts that you were making about a rude driver and leave it that....we all have had bad expiernces...thank you for the heads up..now move on...
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:22pm
quote:

No, it wasn't the radio it was her CD player. The MAIN problem was the volume!!!! It was RUDE no matter how you look at it! All I'm saying is have the courtesy to atleast ask your riders. Give folks an option. Yes, sluggers want a free ride and the DRIVERS want the benefit of HOV. WE ALL BENEFIT FROM EACH OTHER, eh?

To address your question: Jay-Z's lyrics is very offesive! Are you kidding me?!? And aside from that, he along with half the rap/entertainment industry are DEVIL WORSHIPPERS. DO YOUR RESEARCH YOUNG MAN. Unless you've sold your SOUL TO THE DEVIL AS WELL! HMMM.....

MARLYP

Stay outta my car then... I've got an Ozzy Osbourne CD in there now. Though I do not wish to replace my speakers, and I value my hearing, it is played at a reasonable volume.

I'd just hate to be the subject or a confession or something.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
solarcells View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarcells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:04pm
I hope you don't get into a car with Sirius/XM channel 104/150 playing (Raw-Dog comedy uncensored). I've been in a few and saw nothing wrong with it. For the stuff that's of no interest to me regardless of the volume, I put on my over the head ear phones on, turn up my own volume and enjoy the ride.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic