Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOUD OFFENSIVE MUSIC!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:24am
quote:
Originally posted by marlyP

VEHICLE TO WATCH OUT FOR: {RT 17 Stafford; TAG # VA xrf-7336 Toyota SUV; light grey or bluish, w/large crack along driver side of windshield; african-american woman appeared to be late 20's/mid-thirties; short and pretty heavy in size; well, I'll be honest, she was a little OBESE.

I had a very unpleasant experience Friday (15th) morning when I boarded this young woman's vehicle at RT. 17 (Stafford). There was already a guy in the back seat. No sooner as I got in, and before we even got out the parking lot she clicks on the CD, volume already set LOUDLY and out blast this sensually provocative R&B song. NEVER ONCE ASKED US: "Does my music bother you all?", "is it too loud?" SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD FOR THE PASSENGERS IN HER VEHICLE! It was like she was possessed and in her own zone! I was prepared to get out but she zoomed out the parking lot onto the road so fast she really didn't give us a choice. I gave her a look and even asked her 10 minutes into the ride, "would you mind just turning the volume down a little?" She smacked her lips and appeared to be annoyed and tapped the button lightly, not really making a difference. The succession of OFFENSIVE songs continued: Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, some other Pop/R&B songs I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it! The guy in the back wasn't saying anything. He was probably thinking, "hey, I'll deal with it' I'm just trying to get to work." NO! IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Once we got to the Pentagon -- the guy was headed to Crystal City -- I quietly got out and stood directly in front of her vehicle and wrote down her tag number. She shouted something out the window but I acted like I didn't even hear it and proceeded to walk away.

In closing: FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO ENJOY LISTENING TO THEIR LOUD, NASTY, OBNOXIOUS MUSIC, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE! BUT DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME!!!! DON'T PICK UP SLUGGERS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EXTEND COURTESY AND RESPECT TO AT LEAST ASK, "DOES MY MUSIC/VOLUME BOTHER YOU?" GIVE THE SLUGGER THE OPTION OF STAYING OR EXITING YOUR VEHICLE. THANK YOU.

*****I want to take this opportunity to apologize not only to the site administrator but to the other users who clicked on this topic expecting to be informed of related issues dealing with the slugging community, but instead was subjected to dialogue that had absolutely nothing to do with the matter at hand. This was not my original intention. Politics and religion as we know are two subjects that can take on a life of its own. I'll be the first to acknowledge that this is definitely not the platform for airing our personal beliefs on such heated issues no matter how strongly our convictions are. Again, my apologies for opening that gateway.*****

MARLYP
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:38am
MarlyP - not getting into whatever has gone on before, but wanted to offer suggestions - keep a set of earplugs in your purse. Seems silly, but it's an easy fix. Also, it worried me that you said you stood in front of the car & wrote down the vehicle tag. A few months ago, a slug was run down by a driver in Crystal City while doing just that - the hearing is pending. Please be careful what you do/say - although I view slugging as safe, you never know what that driver is going to do.
ETC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:44am
Also please remember while the driver is being insensitive, it is a free ride. You really do not have the right to complain if you aren't compensating the driver for the ride. Just DON'T ride with this person again -- that is your only prerogative.
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by ETC

Also please remember while the driver is being insensitive, it is a free ride. You really do not have the right to complain if you aren't compensating the driver for the ride. Just DON'T ride with this person again -- that is your only prerogative.

I clearly understand the ride is free ETC, and clearly I WILL NOT ride with that person again, but just give the slugger(s) the option that's all. There should be an unspoken air of respect on both sides. I too have been a driver, and I realize not everyone is going to be as courteous and polite as the next person. But you know, what I am going to start doing atleast for a while, upon entering a vehicle: if I hear questionable music/volume tone, that will be my cue to inquire and/or exit. Thank God I have encountered more respectable drivers than the bouncing, bobbing "club cars" early in the MORNING. lol. Jeez!

MARLYP
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by ktzmom13

MarlyP - not getting into whatever has gone on before, but wanted to offer suggestions - keep a set of earplugs in your purse. Seems silly, but it's an easy fix. Also, it worried me that you said you stood in front of the car & wrote down the vehicle tag. A few months ago, a slug was run down by a driver in Crystal City while doing just that - the hearing is pending. Please be careful what you do/say - although I view slugging as safe, you never know what that driver is going to do.

Oh, good Lord![:0] That's where this driver was headed too. Do you think....? This young woman did have a weird look on her face and yes she did inch her car up a little towards me. I didn't stand there long; I quickly jotted the info down and stepped away. Still, I know that wasn't very wise of me to do. I'll have to be a little more discreet next time. It sounds like you may have some inside information on that situation? Was it by word of mouth that you heard about this? I do appreciate the information and your concern.

MARLYP
VAwitch View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:54pm
quote:

NO44/Nic - You're a Christian woman...really?? smh! And you receive your spiritual feeding from the likes of Jay-Z's music? Wow, who else do you listen to? All I can tell you is: you have been DECIEVED my dear! Stay out of Egypt! That's a Christian joke, but u probably have no clue what that means, do you? What a shame! smh!

Wow - just... wow.

I never thought I'd read such bigotry on the slug-lines board, in the 17 years I've been riding or driving.

ON TOPIC: While I do have my iPod/phone handy, sometimes music is still too loud in the back to be able to hear it w/o turning it way up - and I can't afford to lose my hearing.

If I'm really wanting to turn up a station, or a new CD, I'll adjust the balance to favor the front left (Driver) portion of the car. So far, no complaints, other than the occasional "Could you please increase the volume?"
VAwitch View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:58pm
quote:
ShellyBee: You guys are really blowing this thing way out. I'm not assuming that at all....Let's stop with the debates; I agree this really isn't the forum for this type of discussion. However, this is not an opinion this is a spiritual FACT! Lady GaGa, Kanye,Jay-Z, Rihanna, and the list goes on and on, their music/videos, is DEMONIC and if you'll don't see anything wrong with it and allow your children to listen to that garbage, well then GOD HELP YOU!!! Jeez, people don't be so DECEIVED!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Stop allowing everything to feed into your spirit. (I'm sure you're gonna have a rebuttal but you try to enjoy the rest of your day and anyone else who wants to keep fueling the flames.) Let it go. smh

MARLYP

Do YOUR research - A) not everyone shares your beliefs, and B) to assume so in the multi-national diversity that is the metro-DC area simply shows YOUR arrogance and bigotry.

Blessed Be!
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 2:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by ETC

Uh, yeah you do have the right to complain. We slugs are not just mindless bodies to be used and abused by drivers. I'm sure If SHE HAD KNOWN AHEAD OF TIME she would have gotten out of the car. And what good does it does it do the slug for you to say, just don't ride with them again? DUH!!! But there are other drivers who do that, so this is where the common courtesy part comes in (the drivers part I mean).
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:10pm
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2333267

It was a "gentleman" who ran down the slug - former Sgt. Major of the Army, in fact.

I first heard about it on the message board here - WTOP had the story online.
marlyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:15pm
quote:
Originally posted by VAwitch

quote:
ShellyBee: You guys are really blowing this thing way out. I'm not assuming that at all....Let's stop with the debates; I agree this really isn't the forum for this type of discussion. However, this is not an opinion this is a spiritual FACT! Lady GaGa, Kanye,Jay-Z, Rihanna, and the list goes on and on, their music/videos, is DEMONIC and if you'll don't see anything wrong with it and allow your children to listen to that garbage, well then GOD HELP YOU!!! Jeez, people don't be so DECEIVED!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Stop allowing everything to feed into your spirit. (I'm sure you're gonna have a rebuttal but you try to enjoy the rest of your day and anyone else who wants to keep fueling the flames.) Let it go. smh

MARLYP

Do YOUR research - A) not everyone shares your beliefs, and B) to assume so in the multi-national diversity that is the metro-DC area simply shows YOUR arrogance and bigotry.

Blessed Be!

Just couldn't let it go, huh? You feel better now? Hmmm...is it coincidence that your profile name bears the word "WITCH"![:0] THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!!!!! GET BEHIND ME SATAN!!!!! Now I feel better![:D] Moving on[;)]

MARLYP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic