Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3 or 17 to Pentagon...I can choose my hrs..ideas?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 or 17 to Pentagon...I can choose my hrs..ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 or 17 to Pentagon...I can choose my hrs..ideas?
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 7:59am
I finally got a job at the Pentagon. I can work 6-2:30, 6:30-3:00, 7-3:30, 7:30-4, 8-4:30.

I would prefer to do 6-2:30 but if that is not optimal/doable, I could come in later.

I live South of 208 in Spotsylvania so the earlier the better and the closer to 3 the better.

I am looking for reliability and I get the impression that 17 is a more reliable option because more people use it.

I have also heard that the line for 17 is very long so it takes a while to get a ride.

Any info or thoughts?

Thanks!

SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:03pm
Recall that the VDOT lot from/to which slugs go on Rte 3 is quite far west. Depending on where on 208 you are, 17 might be better for you just from that point of view.

I cannot speak to that early in the AM from 17. When I do slug, it is later in the morning (7:15ish departing route 17, still plenty or rides to Pentagon). In the afternoon from the Pentagon (3:30-3:45 time frame) the lines for Rte 3 and Rte 17 are, over time, about the same. Some days one is waaaay shorter, and another day it is the other way around. I don't ride often enough to see a pattern. But there are plenty of rides to both destinations south.
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:43am
Thanks SutaRich!

I live about 8 miles away from 208, 12 miles from the 3 lot, and 17 miles from 17.

So since there are options to either I'll just take the ride to 3. However, if something goes wrong 17 sounds like a better option since at least some of the busses serve it. Well there is always Guaranteed Ride Home.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic