Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV VIOLATORS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keo sims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:02am
I would like to weigh in on this issue as well. For the past two days I have not noticed one State Trooper in the morning or evening. I called around yesterday to try to file a complaint and I was given this number 757 925-2584. I say we bombard these offices with calls/v.mails and even start an online petition for more enforcement. These violators clogged up the HOV and I for one am sick of it. If there was more of an police presence it would surely deter the Violators from coming into the HOV lanes. There is so much money that can be made on these tickets you would think they would enforce more.

How about photo enforcement?? As they do with speeding they can place cameras on the sides to do photo recognition of faces. Just a thought (maybe far fetched) but something more has to be done!

In additon - I was told that the email to document all HOV Complaints is hamptonroadspublicinfo@vdot.virginia.gov I encourage all to send a email (or several) to this address as well as call to document the fact that enforcement is not present when it should be.

*end rant*
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:11am
Occassionally the police will monitor cars exiting HOV near Springfield. When the police are there, they are ALWAYS issuing tickets which indicates that there are many violators to be caught.

Since so many HOV scoflaws end their trip at the Pentagon exit, where there are large parking areas available, I recommend that the police enforce at the off ramp. With a police office at the ramp they can visually determine if there is a violation, put a magnetic dunce cone on the car, and direct the car to a violation assembly area. Wouldn't that make an impact! With literally thousands of lawful HOV users (slugs and drivers) getting to see the violators get their appropriate penalty.
keo sims View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keo sims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:18am
quote:
Originally posted by Oosik

Occassionally the police will monitor cars exiting HOV near Springfield. When the police are there, they are ALWAYS issuing tickets which indicates that there are many violators to be caught.

Since so many HOV scoflaws end their trip at the Pentagon exit, where there are large parking areas available, I recommend that the police enforce at the off ramp. With a police office at the ramp they can visually determine if there is a violation, put a magnetic dunce cone on the car, and direct the car to a violation assembly area. Wouldn't that make an impact! With literally thousands of lawful HOV users (slugs and drivers) getting to see the violators get their appropriate penalty.

I love the idea of having the police stationed at the off ramps! I do see them at Springfield periodically but not enough there needs to be a daily presence of police to discourage the violators if they know that everyday a police officer is there they more then likely will not do it.
CarlSpangler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:48am
Let me get this straight. Folks are for enforcing HOV violaters but not reckless speeders doing 80+. What speed do you guys consider unsafe? 90 95 ? Decision is not yours. State needs the revenue, we need fewer empty HOV vehicles and tailgaters (yes if I am doing 75 in left lane and you are doing 85 you are tailgating me - sorry I'm not moving - in fact I slow up)
keo sims View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keo sims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 12:16pm
you make no sense at 75 YOUR STILL SPEEDING!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 12:35pm
I was making an example for Mr Dale Erhnardt wanna be 85mph -12 minutes to 14th St Bridge. I was speaking figuratively. So insert 65 instead of 75 - I'm still not moving.
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 1:13pm
Although I understand your logic and frustration Mr. Spangler, unfortunately the law REQUIRES that you move over for anyone wanting to pass you in the left lane. If they are going at 100 mph per hour, you are still LEGALLY bound to move over. It sounds ridiculous, but look it up. You, by not allowing them to pass because you are unhappy that they are speeding (which is none of your business - just get out of their way), are just as guilty of not following the law and, frankly, possibly more dangerous since your flouting of the law is based on sheer bloodymindedness thus causing frustration to the person behind you who IS LEGALLY ENTITLED to pass you no matter how fast they are going. I prefer to get out of a speeding motorist's way and let them kill themselves somewhere else or, at the very least, let them get the ticket they will eventually get. The fact that you slow down is really very childish and frightening. It's that kind of behavior that causes so much trouble and accidents. Try a new mindset, let them pass, it's the law, safer for you, and will reduce your blood pressure and your chances of being rear-ended. Take a deep breath and let them go! The speedster can speed and get his ticket (eventually) and you get out of his way and stay alive. It really makes more sense.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 1:52pm
I remain calm and my blood pressure is fine. It actually soothes and amuses me to see the maniac behind me look like his red faced head is going to explode and his eyes pop out as he bangs his fist on the dashboard and attempt to high speed pass on the right. I believe the childishness would be the reckless speed and tailgating me and that is my business. How many of those tailgaters cant stop and cause the fender benders that block lanes of traffic during rush hour.
keo sims View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keo sims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 1:56pm
You really need to get a better hobby then finding enjoyment out of riding the left (passing) lane blocking those behind you from getting in front of you. Really?!? I bet you had no friends as a kid!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 2:09pm
It makes a long boring commute more interesting and quicker.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic