Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV VIOLATORS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 10:10am
quote:
Originally posted by CarlSpangler

and the other guy with the reference to people shooting other people over traffic behavior.. that would be so funny if it wasnt scary..

Awww... Why so scared?

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 11:03am
I got on at exactly 9 am this morning; single riders who'd obviously gotten on earlier than that were passing me as I came down the ramp. So, I suppose once the clock hits 8:57, it's okay to get on HOV. No one stopped them.
KennyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 1:10pm
Move over Spangler, Woos lol
dilovestheskins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilovestheskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:44am

quote:

It actually soothes and amuses me to see the maniac behind me look like his red faced head is going to explode and his eyes pop out as he bangs his fist on the dashboard and attempt to high speed pass on the right.

I have just read this whole thread with growing amazement at the immaturity and arrogance displayed by a certain driver (yes, it's probably time to lock it) and I feel I must say something to Mr. Spangler...

Did it ever occur to you that this person behind you who'd life you feel you have the right to impact could have something serious going on to cause them to go faster than the speed limit?

I was in HOV with my family not long ago trying to get downtown to my (unexpectedly) near-death sister. Was that you in front of me that day - doing your self-elected 'patrolling' of the HOV lanes - who caused us not to get there in time?

Perhaps you need to re-think how you get your "amusement."
CarlSpangler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 12:29pm
Well now that you mention it .. that might have been me. Were you driving a riceburner, dark tinted windows, big decals that no one can read on the back window, weaving in and out of traffic? Doing 80-85 ?
quote:
Originally posted by dilovestheskins

quote:

It actually soothes and amuses me to see the maniac behind me look like his red faced head is going to explode and his eyes pop out as he bangs his fist on the dashboard and attempt to high speed pass on the right.

I have just read this whole thread with growing amazement at the immaturity and arrogance displayed by a certain driver (yes, it's probably time to lock it) and I feel I must say something to Mr. Spangler...

Did it ever occur to you that this person behind you who'd life you feel you have the right to impact could have something serious going on to cause them to go faster than the speed limit?

I was in HOV with my family not long ago trying to get downtown to my (unexpectedly) near-death sister. Was that you in front of me that day - doing your self-elected 'patrolling' of the HOV lanes - who caused us not to get there in time?

Perhaps you need to re-think how you get your "amusement."

shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:50pm
Yes, it's time - can someone PLEASE lock this thread? Certain users are misusing the message board and becoming a complete nuisance here.

The childish, useless rhetoric is getting out of hand, and isn't doing anyone any good.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:39pm
Okay Shortstuff (that name sure says a lot). No one has gone over the top except the guy who implied those driving slower than 85 in left line can get shot. It goes back to my point that the same folks whining about HOV violators and Law Enforcement vehicles are some of the same ones who decide that violation of speed up to 85-90 and tailgating is safe. They think they are good drivers but who are just suburban pips with big SUVs or PUs who have never driven competitively or in had any high speed training. Thus I feel no guilt if they are on my rear worked up in a lather trying to go way over speed weavign in and out that cause the accidents that the rest of us suffer. Hey I think I know who you are. Drive Minivan, bald with some slight combover grey hair, glasses(thick), smoke a pipe?
quote:
Originally posted by shorty5646

Yes, it's time - can someone PLEASE lock this thread? Certain users are misusing the message board and becoming a complete nuisance here.

The childish, useless rhetoric is getting out of hand, and isn't doing anyone any good.

shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:49pm
quote:

Okay Shortstuff (that name sure says a lot). No one has gone over the top except the guy who implied those driving slower than 85 in left line can get shot. It goes back to my point that the same folks whining about HOV violators and Law Enforcement vehicles are some of the same ones who decide that violation of speed up to 85-90 and tailgating is safe. They think they are good drivers but who are just suburban pips with big SUVs or PUs who have never driven competitively or in had any high speed training. Thus I feel no guilt if they are on my rear worked up in a lather trying to go way over speed weavign in and out that cause the accidents that the rest of us suffer. Hey I think I know who you are. Drive Minivan, bald with some slight combover grey hair, glasses(thick), smoke a pipe?

Not even close. And thank you for proving my point.

Get a life.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 4:24pm
You mean a life away from the slug line message board where you live. Im already gone.
quote:
Originally posted by shorty5646

quote:

Not even close. And thank you for proving my point.

Get a life.

Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 7:02am
quote:

You mean a life away from the slug line message board where you live. Im already gone.

And yet you keep coming back.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic