Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wreck in Mine Rd lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wreck in Mine Rd lot
    Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:53am
What happened in the Mine Rd lot this morning? I saw multiple vehicles wrecked, police, ambulance, fire department... I heard that the vehicle that caused it was speeding down the row. Was the driver ill? I hope everybody is OK.
elisabeth64 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisabeth64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:01pm
http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/transportation/2011/07/19/car-crashes-through-stafford-commuter-lot/
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 2:32pm
All I can say is WOW! I saw that this morning and was wondering what all the noise was about!

mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 3:54pm
Poor Mercedes...
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 8:46am
quote:
Originally posted by mdog

Poor Mercedes...

Wow M dog. Really?
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 8:48am
Update:

" Lot crash was driver's second "
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2011/072011/07222011/640657
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 1:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by jadams08

quote:

Poor Mercedes...

Wow M dog. Really?

You don't feel sad that a nice car was driven by an a..hole and got ruined?
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 2:10pm
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jadams08

quote:

Poor Mercedes...

Wow M dog. Really?

You don't feel sad that a nice car was driven by an a..hole and got ruined?

Only if it were a particularly nice car. Benzes aren't particularly nice.

Same goes for Audi/VW, most Porsches, and almost any other German car.

Open the hood of one and try to do some work on it.
They love to use Torx (Star shaped), Socket head (Allen keyed), and other odd shaped bolts. You're gonna have to be a contortionist to get to some bolts. Some common tasks require tools that you're going to have to order from a dealer.

BMWs at least leave you some room to get at things... At least in their standard lineup... The M3 and M5 series engine bays can get a bit crammed.

Then the parts are insanely expensive, despite being very similar to parts in Japanese and American cars. Alternators by Bosch or Nippon-Denso are found in almost all cars...

I like the Japanese models where you can pretty much dismantle the entire car with a handful of wrenches and screwdrivers. 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, and 21mm all comfortably fit in my back pocket.

I just haven't been terribly impressed by German engineering.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic