Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRAC 133 Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldgoat09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRAC 133 Slug Line
    Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:37am
From today's 'Mark Center Communiqu'

The Mark Center Transportation Center(Transportation Center),a facility open to the public,will commence bus and shuttle services on Tuesday, August 9, 2011. The Transportation Center is located on Mark Center Drive and is part of the BRAC 133/4800 Mark Center Drive North Garage facility. The Transportation Center will be managed by Washington Headquarters Services.
The Transportation Center will be open each weekday between the hours of 5:00 am and 7:00pm. There are five (5) bus bays. Bus and shuttle providers must obtain approval from WHS to bring their service to the Transportation Center. A slugging lane is also provided on the west side of the North Garage and will be used by taxis during non-rush hours.

Anyone have any info on this new slugging location?
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:00am
I can't imagine that this will be used at this point considering there is no exit to this site from the HOV lanes.
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:42am
This thread needs more of a push. I work at Pentagon and it is ideal. However, I am under threat of getting moved to the Mark Center. I really hope this takes off somehow. Perhaps HOV up to Springfield and avoid the mess in Woodbridge at least? Not sure if drivers would have enough incentive?
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:22pm
I would love this. Started a new job in Alexandria, right off Little River Turnpike and the drive is pretty long in the afternoons down to Stafford. Any other place where we can get information on the whens, whats and wheres?
Billie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 5:16pm
Already working at the Mark Center - looking for riders from Woodbridge/Dale City (either Montclair or Horner Road. Would necessitate getting off HOV at Springfield, I think. I think the thread will pick up and will work. Regardless of whether there's on/off access right at Seminary or not - still better than chuggin' along on I-95 with 18-wheelers and cell-phone users.
gawinkworth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gawinkworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 7:07pm
@Billie - I'm set to move in tomorrow; my wife at the end of the week. Needless to say, we're looking too. I don't relish the thought of having to trek back up to the Pentagon just to pick up a body, but as you said - better than the alternative.

To the general population, I stopped by the Customer Service desk and asked about whether a slug line had been set up at the Mark Center. These folks have only been in the building for a couple weeks, so take this for what it's worth; they told me a slug line was being discussed and would eventually be located somewhere around the transportation center, but that nothing had been established yet.

The number for the Customer Service Center is 571.372.4500. They were VERY pleasant to deal with and said if you have ANY questions, not to hesitate to give them a call 24/7.

Will provide additional info as it becomes available.

Geoffrey A Winkworth
Senior Analyst/Developer
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc.
SaltyDog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 10:59am
I'm proposing that we use either 234 or DCCL as a pick up/drop off spot for a new Mark Center slug line.

Any prospective Mark Center sluggers please indicate your preference on the proposed new slug line forum?

Thanks!
mikejohnson553 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikejohnson553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 2:41pm
There are a number of us in the Mark Center area that slug to the Pentagon and then bus/shuttle to the Mark Center area.

I for one would like to be able to slug to/from Mark Center from/to one of the Stafford 610 lots. There is a southbound HOV entrance just south of Duke that would make afternoon pick up at the Mark Center easy.
JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 7:27am
I work near Skyline and wouldn't mind picking up slugs from dccl to mark center and reverse in the afternoon. I currently pick up slugs to pentagon

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
Mike2024 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 11:25am
Per the BRAC 113 (Mark Center) WHS page -- "Although there is currently no direct access on/off the HOV lanes at Seminary Road, commuters can access the HOV lanes via a slip ramp located approximately 2.5 miles south of Seminary Road...."

Iam a very new guy to the area but to me the real question is where to get from the HOV 'to' the Mark... Coming from the South must we take the Springfield exit ramp? Is going to the Pentagon and flipping back going to be closer/faster/easier?

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic