Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Curb side parking at Horner Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malai2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curb side parking at Horner Road
    Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 10:39am
Is curb side parking allowed at Horner Road? I see lot of people got ticket from the 1st parking lot (pentagon line) not sure what is the reason for the ticket?
HMumford View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HMumford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 12:02pm
There are signs at Horner that specifically warn that parking is allowed in MARKED SPACES ONLY. People should NOT be parking on curbs and they deserve the tickets they get. In fact, they're not ticketed often enough.

It burns my butt every time I walk from the third lot to my line only to see some lazy, self-involved, entitled jerk pull up to the curb right next to the line and hop out. I would be less irritated and disgusted if the curbside parking were only done when there was no other parking available, but that's not been the case. It's just a matter of seriously pathetic and lazy people who think they're too special to have to walk.

I hope they all get TOWED.
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 12:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by HMumford

It burns my butt every time I walk from the third lot to my line only to see some lazy, self-involved, entitled jerk pull up to the curb right next to the line and hop out. I would be less irritated and disgusted if the curbside parking were only done when there was no other parking available, but that's not been the case. It's just a matter of seriously pathetic and lazy people who think they're too special to have to walk.

I do agree with you on the laziness factor - since I work later hours, IF I get to Horner early enough to get a parking spot, it's in the very back of the third lot. Honestly, I'm just happy to park there if I can! But also, I feel much better knowing my car is in a marked spot, while others may (or may not) be ticketed for parking illegally.

The problem that I have with ticketing is that it's not consistent - PWC needs to decide whether they are going to ticket for illegal parking (and ticket everyone) or not at all, considering the lack of convenient commuter parking, especially since the loss of the Potomac Mills lot. For those who slug in early, I'm sure parking is no issue. On the other hand, for those like me, available parking is harder to come by.

An officer told me this week that he doesn't ticket for illegal parking, as long as it is reasonable (ie not blocking traffic, etc). While I appreciate his consideration, clearly not ALL officers abide by this - the one time I EVER parked illegally at Horner (out of pure desperation!), I was ticketed. And what bothered me was that there were plenty of other culprits like me, though not even half of them were also ticketed.

I'd MUCH rather slug from Horner to L'Enfant and back (it's the only lot in our area with a direct slug line each way) but if everyone parked legally, it would easily fill waaay before 7am. And of course, that would mean the rest of us would have to find elsewhere to park.

IMO, curb parking SHOULD be allowed - at least until we have more parking available. Besides the lazy, self-involved, entitled jerks of the slugging community [;)], I think many slugs park illegally mainly because there's nowhere else to go.

Just my two cents!
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 4:30pm
quote:
Originally posted by HMumford

There are signs at Horner that specifically warn that parking is allowed in MARKED SPACES ONLY. People should NOT be parking on curbs and they deserve the tickets they get. In fact, they're not ticketed often enough.

[B)] Tell us how you really feel![}:)]
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:06am
quote:
Originally posted by shorty5646

An officer told me this week that he doesn't ticket for illegal parking, as long as it is reasonable (ie not blocking traffic, etc).

The officer who tickets at Horner is a dick. It's Officer "O" something... Four or five letter name starting with an "O"

I had a cracked windshield on my old truck. When I had the windshield replaced, the glass shop used steam to pull the inspection sticker off the old windshield and put it on the new one... They never stick too well the second time around and was starting to peel off at the edges. I put the pink receipt for the inspection on the driver's side dashboard to show that it was legit. I still got ticketed for no safety inspection every other day for a month before I bit the bullet and paid to have another inspection sticker put on. Partway through that month, I also had a printout of the VA state police guidelines stating that a sticker can be transferred from one windshield to the next provided that it's accompanied by a receipt and all text is legible.

Another time, I was getting spots next to the guard rail. When I pulled nose in, the front bumper of my little Honda sits under the guard rail. I got several tickets for no front plate just because the officer couldn't see it under the guard rail.

I took all the tickets to a captain at the Gar-Field police precinct who dismissed them and said he'd talk to the officer.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
CarlSpangler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 10:53am
I disagree - instead of hating on the officer and calling him a name that violates the decorum of a public service website, I applaud him. Those of us with high end German vehicles are grateful that he is at Horner serving as a deterrent to catalytic converter thieves or nefarious vandals. Therfore to PWC Officer O???? thank you for your service and continue to write up those POS Japanese cars and drivers who ding our doors and bumpers. This Bud's for you !
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 7:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by CarlSpangler

I disagree - instead of hating on the officer and calling him a name that violates the decorum of a public service website, I applaud him. Those of us with high end German vehicles are grateful that he is at Horner serving as a deterrent to catalytic converter thieves or nefarious vandals. Therfore to PWC Officer O???? thank you for your service and continue to write up those POS Japanese cars and drivers who ding our doors and bumpers. This Bud's for you !

Lies!

Nobody who drives a high end vehicle enjoys drinking Budweiser.
Put that piss back in the Clydesdale and drink a real beer.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
CarlSpangler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 3:03pm
Oh excuse me..."Officer, this 95 Cabernet Sauvignon's for you."
(it's a figure of speech.... you dick).
woodwc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodwc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 12:22am
From InsideNOVA.com - Virginia State Police will start a parking enforcement campaign at a Woodbridge commuter lot later this month.

Troopers will patrol the commuter lot at intersection of Interstate 95 and Prince William Parkway on Oct. 17, and they will be looking for cars parked outside of designated parking areas, Virginia State Police spokeswoman Deborah Cox said.

Officers believe the blitz will help curb traffic hazards in the commuter lot.

On Tuesday, officials will post message boards in the lot noting of the upcoming patrols, giving motorists six days to prepare for the changes, Cox said.

Troopers will place a flyer on cars parked in posted no parking areas, landscaped areas and travel lanes in the lot between Oct. 11 and 16, state police said.

But the cars will be ticketed, andif needed, towed at owners expensebeginning Oct. 17, Cox said.

Some of the problem cars, according to Cox, frequently impede the flow of traffic by parking in travel lanes located within the lot, causing a safety concern.

Malai2000 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malai2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 4:09pm
Thank you so much for all your suggestions, concerns and also for the upcoming changes proposed by PWC police (ticketing/towing)!.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic