Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Curb side parking at Horner Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Our Mom Spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:31am
quote:
Originally posted by HMumford

How do I know what the situation is after 7, you ask? Because there are days when I arrive to the lot at or after 7.

Really? What days are those? You clearly stated that you are ANGRY and standing thereout there at 6:30 a.m. now it's 7 a.m.?

I smell a rat.

quote:
What you have described is completely different from what I repeatedly stated.

Then why did you quote what I said and reply with your bitter drivel?

quote:
Perhaps you have an issue with reading comprehension, but I have stated more than once in this thread that my problem is with people who choose to park at the curb when there are plenty of other spaces available. I don't really understand why you keep going on about parking on the curbs when there is no other parking available. Your scenario has nothing to do with what I have described.

Perhaps you have an issue with simple civility. no - not perhaps. You definitely do. Perhaps your anger and bitterness are form another source like your home life or work life.

quote:
Perhaps you're simply trying to justify your own bad behavior or assuage your guilt, but that's not necessary as, like I said above, your situation has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about.

What bad behavior are you referring to? I thought you said the situation I described was different?

Speaking with a forked tongue is not cute.

----------
Are you a mom?
Visit www.OurMomSpot.net ... a safe place for moms to have fun, LOL, & connect with other moms!
HMumford View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HMumford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 11:53am
Are you being intentionally obtuse Our Mom Spot?

There are many days I am there at 6:30, and some days that I am there at 7. Which days? Sometimes on Mondays and sometimes on Fridays. Sometimes it's a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday when I happen to be there at a different time. Not sure what's so difficult to grasp about that. The only time I quoted you was to respond to you earlier in the thread. Again, I strongly suspect you have issues with reading comprehension.

The rest of your post doesn't deserve a proper response.

Have a lovely day.
KennyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 3:30pm
The bottom line is people will park illegally and know they are parking illegally and then cry when they get ticketed. Regardless of the reason why they parked illegally, it is still illegal and deserve to be ticketed. I agree that there should be more ticketing at Horner Road.
Our Mom Spot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Our Mom Spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 8:20pm
Wow...HMumford, you seem like a very bitter, tiny, angry man.

----------
Are you a mom?
Visit www.OurMomSpot.net ... a safe place for moms to have fun, LOL, & connect with other moms!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Our Mom Spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 8:22pm
quote:
Originally posted by KennyP

The bottom line is people will park illegally and know they are parking illegally and then cry when they get ticketed. Regardless of the reason why they parked illegally, it is still illegal and deserve to be ticketed. I agree that there should be more ticketing at Horner Road.

That's one POV. I have another: Let's find ways to provide more commuter parking. That would be a win win for everyone.

----------
Are you a mom?
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 11:12am
quote:
Originally posted by Our Mom Spot

That's one POV. I have another: Let's find ways to provide more commuter parking. That would be a win win for everyone.

There's an ANCIENT paved parking on the opposite side of Telegraph Rd from the 3rd section of the Horner Rd/Prince William Pkwy. They have gates locked in front of it.

Only problem I can see with using it is that people have dumped all sorts of old couches and washing machines and crap back there... And there are no parking space stripes... And it's ANCIENT, so the pavement is a bit rough...
It shouldn't take much to get it into a working parking lot though. A couple days of trash removal and a little bit of stripe painting. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Our Mom Spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:05am
Using that lot sounds like an excellent idea. The only issues I can see are

-who owns it? (jurisdiction for law enforcement, who would pay for clean up, etc)
-would OmniRide add it to the bus route? (or can people safely get to Honrer Road main from there?)
-will the drivers readily pick up & drop off there?

I wonder if the county / state is considering using it.

----------
Are you a mom?
kingdon777 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingdon777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:49pm
My opinion is that law enforcement should ticket vehicles in cases where the parked vehicle is impeding the flow of traffic, or blocking pedestrian crosswalks or sidewalks. Many of the individuals who park in this lot are military or retired military. I feel our law enforcement could easily find more important public safety concerns than rather a member of our Armed Forces is parked in a striped parking space in a commuter lot.

I frustrates me when I drive past a 7-11 convenience are there are easily 50 non-english speaking individuals loitering to seek work for which they will pay no income tax. However, our law enforcement drives right past these individuals and proceeds to ticket military individuals, who parked at the lot to go do work at the Pentagon to help defend our country.

Now for the idiotic individuals who park in the roadways inside the lot, no mercy. But whether someone parks curbside at a bus stop which is not impeding traffic flow. So what. Who is it actually hurting?
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 7:57am
quote:
Originally posted by kingdon777

My opinion is that law enforcement should ticket vehicles in cases where the parked vehicle is impeding the flow of traffic, or blocking pedestrian crosswalks or sidewalks. Many of the individuals who park in this lot are military or retired military. I feel our law enforcement could easily find more important public safety concerns than rather a member of our Armed Forces is parked in a striped parking space in a commuter lot.

I frustrates me when I drive past a 7-11 convenience are there are easily 50 non-english speaking individuals loitering to seek work for which they will pay no income tax. However, our law enforcement drives right past these individuals and proceeds to ticket military individuals, who parked at the lot to go do work at the Pentagon to help defend our country.

Now for the idiotic individuals who park in the roadways inside the lot, no mercy. But whether someone parks curbside at a bus stop which is not impeding traffic flow. So what. Who is it actually hurting?

How about this: we try to have an egalitarian nation where everybody is treated equally and has to obey the same laws? Yeah, even military people - active or retired - will live by the same laws as the rest of us. We won't have police enforcing one set of laws for the military and another for people who don't speak English well.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by kingdon777

Illegal immigration aside, How is the police officer supposed to identify vehicles owned by military or retired military personnel? Do you guys have special license plates or something? I'm neither and I park at Horner Rd. My vehicles look no different than the ones next to it.

You're not above the law regardless of your previous or current employer. If you park in the wrong spot, you get a ticket. What part about, "Park in marked spaces" don't you understand? The signs are all over the parking lot.

It sounds like you're butthurt about getting a ticket. Put your big boy pants on and pay the damn fine or take it to court and fight the charge rather than whine about it.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic