Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 208
    Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 8:12am
I'll say it once and I will say it again. Come on people, let's start a line at 208. I saw someone yell "208" when I was at the Route 3 line at the Pentagon. How I wished I parked my car there that day!

There are people from Ladysmith in the Route 3 line so I am sure there are people who would find 208 more beneficial than Route 3. Come on, busses and vanpools fill the 208 lot.

Please people, lets get this going!
califnena View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote califnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 11:15am
Yes I agree 100%. There are definitely people that would do it specially with the BRACs. Also, Rt 3 gets so crowded on the PM out of the Pentagon it would allevieate so much volume.

Maybe a solution would be to post Rt208 in this site to go to the Pentagon to start and then add other destinations.

Denisse
califnena View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote califnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 11:24am
Let's do a poll and see how many people are interested.

If there are others interested in Rt 208 commuter lot reply to this forum say: "Interested and your destination of preference."

Denisse
shaysmama View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaysmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 2:02pm
I would definitley consider 208 as long as there was a pickup spot in the afternoon. I am sure alot of people would like to avoid that damn route 3 :-)
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 2:13pm
Repyling to my own topic with interest. I don't see why drivers couldn't just call out 208 at the Route 3 section of the Pentagon. They do it now from time to time and ears go up like mine.
CBlue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 8:18am
My husband and I would definitely be interested slugging from and to 208. However, neither of us has parking passes at our jobs, so we would have to be riders and not drivers. [:(] We both go to Crystal City, but could go to the Pentagon.
califnena View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote califnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:37am
I think that if they list it as a slug option in this site more drivers and riders would do Rt 208.

Denisse
califnena View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote califnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:56am

I just sent the following email to the webmaster for this site to publish this new line as an option. I hope they publish it. We can start off as returning to the Pentagon to start.

There is a lot of interest from people to add a slug line from Rt 208 in Fredericksburg. Currently, there are already drivers that ask for Rt 208 from the Pentagon. The interest and proof are already there. All that is missing is to publish it on this site. What would take to add this option formally in the website? See below I helped write all the information about the commuter lot.

MORNING LINES:

Under the "Fredericksburg Line"

Add Rt 208

Location: Fredericksburg, use exit 126 (Rt 1/Rt 17 toward Spotsylvania), turn left onto Rt 1/rt 17N/Jefferson Davis Hwy, turn left onto Hood Dr/Rt 636. Lot is located on Houser Drive, off 208 east of I-95.

Description: Forms in the commuter lot on the east side of the bus shelter.

Return: For the return trip in the afternoon. One line at the Pentagon. At the Pentagon use the Fredericksburg Line which is next to the Rt.17 line.

Destinations:
Pentagon
Crystal City
Rosslyn
14th Street
14th and G Street
Best Hours: 5:00 - 6:30 a.m.

Drivers: Pick up slugs on the bus shelter.
Parking: Excellent. Commuter parking lot.
Metro Station: N/A
Bus: Quicks bus lines service this area.
Returning PM Slug Lines: Pentagon

AFTERNOON LINES

Add Route 208

Denisse
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:21am
Thanks for the efforts. Wondering if I could put some flyers out or something in the line itself. I hold a pentagon pass but not sure that I would want to drive unless it is an exception...still can't hurt. Anyone else interested?
shaysmama View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaysmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 3:37pm
I see that it was posted , has anyone had any luck morning and afternoon?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic