Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan yall MOVE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can yall MOVE?
    Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 3:32pm
Seriously.. it's bad enough you are on HOV to begin with...HOV stands for High Occupancy Vehicles, not Hybrids On Vacation...If you insist on being on HOV, please leave the left lane for PASSERS. I have passed so many oblivious people in Hybrids strolling along like they are on vacation, mostly going 60 MPH or slower in the PASSING lane. MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(!]

Nic
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 1:34am
quote:
Originally posted by NO44

Seriously.. it's bad enough you are on HOV to begin with...HOV stands for High Occupancy Vehicles, not Hybrids On Vacation...If you insist on being on HOV, please leave the left lane for PASSERS. I have passed so many oblivious people in Hybrids strolling along like they are on vacation, mostly going 60 MPH or slower in the PASSING lane. MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(!]

Nic

Nearly all of the road hogs are in SUVs, not hybrids. Except for buses, which are CLEARLY better than POVs with only a couple of passengers.

Why don't you get on the bus?
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 2:40pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

Nearly all of the road hogs are in SUVs, not hybrids. Except for buses, which are CLEARLY better than POVs with only a couple of passengers.

This message board is part of the SLUG-LINES.COM website.

Why don't you find a new hobby?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 5:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by shorty5646

quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

This message board is part of the SLUG-LINES.COM website.

Why don't you find a new hobby?

Please look at the specific topic group. When I look at it, it says "Hybrids". What does it say for you?

I guess those don't like the facts feel that it's better to just not listen. Do you also censor those who believe in evolution?
Spectrepilot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 5:23pm
What is wrong with using a SUV?

Whenever I drive my SUV I ALWAYS take slugs and usually three. On several occasions I've taken more including during a huge thunderstorm a few years back when I actually took 7 people from the Pentagon to Sydenstryker. When we got to Sydenstryker I took each person to their car and when I found out two people didn't have cars there (both were waiting for family to pick them up), I drove BOTH of them home.

Hybrids should not be on the HOV unless they have three total people, all you are doing is proving your self-centered attitude by driving a single person to work and clogging up the road.
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 9:21am
AMEN
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 3:52pm
quote:
Originally posted by Spectrepilot

What is wrong with using a SUV?

Whenever I drive my SUV I ALWAYS take slugs and usually three. On several occasions I've taken more including during a huge thunderstorm a few years back when I actually took 7 people from the Pentagon to Sydenstryker. When we got to Sydenstryker I took each person to their car and when I found out two people didn't have cars there (both were waiting for family to pick them up), I drove BOTH of them home.

Hybrids should not be on the HOV unless they have three total people, all you are doing is proving your self-centered attitude by driving a single person to work and clogging up the road.

Why the half measure? By your reasoning, why not eliminate every vehicle from the EXPRESS LANES (their official name and original intended use) except for what was first allowed, only buses? That would clear the clog while getting people who use the road to actually pay for it.
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 11:53am
Hybrids are the slowest people on the HOV. It's annoying. Almost like they are in "la-la" land. [?] I have posted about his before. I am NOT saying all Hybrid drivers drive this way, but most of the cars going too slow in the left lane or just going slow in general are Hybrids.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by lisad219

Hybrids are the slowest people on the HOV. It's annoying. Almost like they are in "la-la" land. [?] I have posted about his before. I am NOT saying all Hybrid drivers drive this way, but most of the cars going too slow in the left lane or just going slow in general are Hybrids.

I usually find that the slow pokes in the fast lane are SUVs.
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:59am
One of the main reasons hybrids are slow is because they are underpowered (smaller engines to keep MPG high) and overweight (extra weight of all those batteries), which becomes apparent in highway high speed driving conditions where power/weight is crucial. Long uphill stretches like b.w Duke and Seminary St. where hybrids struggle to even maintain speed is a good illustration.

However, considering a lot of them are equiped with low rolling resitance (= low friction) tires that are terrible in the road handling and stopping distance departments, them driving slow may be not such a bad thing after all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic