Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Theft of wallet at Tackett's Mill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Theft of wallet at Tackett's Mill
    Posted: 12 Jul 2003 at 6:54am
The following email was sent to me from a fellow driver/slug:

Sluggers beware!!!! Protect your valuables and do not take it for granted that simply because you are giving a person a ride they will not steal from you.

On 20 Jun 03, during my morning pick up from Tackett Mills going to the Rosslyn Metro, I picked up a male and a female. The male sat in the front seat, and the female sat in the back seat. I, being a female, assumed that my purse would be safe in the back seat with the female passenger. Little did I know that upon my arrival at my job I noticed my purse was opened and my wallet was missing. I reported it to the police but it was very little they could do because I didn't know her name only a brief description of her. Not to mention I had to cancel all my credit cards, stop payments on my checking account, and notified all my creditors.

Just a word of advice - keep your valuable up close and personal.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 3:08pm
I hate to have to suggest such a thing, but I would go even further than just keeping your valuables up close and personal--I would keep them in the trunk or some other compartment. I very rarely drive so I don't have to worry about it. But if I did drive I would keep my valuables locked up or well hidden just to be safe.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 7:41am
I agree with tlschau. Everything goes in the trunk, that way I dont have to worry about my briefcase or the contents inside of it. Cant trust people these days and one must be careful.
torres-ferrera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torres-ferrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2003 at 9:58am
I have also been a victim of this couple (now that I read this message I recalled seeing the same couple and just gave me a bad feeling)!

It happened about a year ago. And yes, I had my belongings on the back seat. You might say that I was naive, but I never thought that someone will have the courage to go into your purse in your presence! They are working together and that explains how well they are stealing from people![}:)]

The case is under police investigation and please be cautious! If I well recall, the couple is an older woman with a young male.

Torali
jazzy00 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2003 at 3:37pm
I pick up sluggers and never leave anything personal in the back seat. I keep my purse on the side of me and anything else goes in the truck!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2003 at 11:18am
quote:
Originally posted by jazzy00
[br]I pick up sluggers and never leave anything personal in the back seat. I keep my purse on the side of me and anything else goes in the truck!

For some reason I imagined you towing a truck behind your car. :D
marcelhenryg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcelhenryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 10:22am
can you post a description of the couple (white/black) and where they go to/from? i'd like to be on the lookout for them. thanks.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 11:01am
It doesn't necessarily mean that they were partners in crime. Obviously, the woman was the one who stole the wallet not the man.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 11:04am
Opps, I didn't see Torres-Ferrera's post. Well, if she says they work together please give us the description of the couple.
marcelhenryg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcelhenryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 12:40pm
i was just going by what the post said about them being together; then how about a description of the woman, since she's the one who stole the wallet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic