Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

208 slug line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 208 slug line
    Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 1:08pm
I see that there is a new slug line forming at the 208 commuter lot. My question is where is the line forming at the Pentagon to get back to 208? Is there one? If there is, I'd try it in a heartbeat. I was in the Pentagon Gordon Road line a while back and a person drove up and said he was looking for someone interested in going to 208. Of course, since I was parked at Gordon Road, I couldn't oblige, but if a line was established at the Pentagon for 208, that would make a difference.
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 1:26pm
What exactly do you "see"? Do you actually see people at the 208 lot? I am tired of posting about 208 and having no one answer. This is getting old.
CBlue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:29am
If you're asking what I meant by "I see that there . . .," I mean that on the Home page of this website there was an item about a new slug line at 208. No, I've never seen slugs there. I've only heard the person I wrote about asking at the Pentagon line. I agree with you. It's annoying that people don't respond. My post appears to have been read 151 times with no response. Oh well, I guess the 208 line is never going to take off.
ukiltmybrutha View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukiltmybrutha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 5:45pm
Yep, that is exactly what I was asking. I guess you are right!

quote:
Originally posted by CBlue

If you're asking what I meant by "I see that there . . .," I mean that on the Home page of this website there was an item about a new slug line at 208. No, I've never seen slugs there. I've only heard the person I wrote about asking at the Pentagon line. I agree with you. It's annoying that people don't respond. My post appears to have been read 151 times with no response. Oh well, I guess the 208 line is never going to take off.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:18am
quote:

Do you think everyone that reads your post should give you a response? I think you are better off when people don't muddy the water with useless responses. When I read a post, if I don't have anything substantive to add, then I just don't post anything, but I'll give you a useless response below just to make you feel loved. [:)]

I don't know anything about the 208 line. I don't even know where 208 is.
CBlue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:59pm
Point taken, mycroftt. I just hoped that somebody would read it that did know something about the 208 line, and would respond. No, I don't need useless responses. But thanks for the smiley face!

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 3:14pm
quote:

Point taken, mycroftt. I just hoped that somebody would read it that did know something about the 208 line, and would respond. No, I don't need useless responses. But thanks for the smiley face!

You bet! Good luck with your line, wherever the heck 208 is. [:D]
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:57pm
Mystery solved! [;)]

Quoted from Wikipedia:
"Virginia State Route 208 (SR 208) is a primary state highway in the U.S. state of Virginia. The state highway runs 47.35 miles (76.20 km) from U.S. Route 250 (US 250) at Ferncliff east to US 1 and US 1 Business at Four Mile Fork. SR 208 is a major southwestnortheast highway through Louisa and Spotsylvania counties. The state highway connects the counties' respective seats of Louisa and Spotsylvania Courthouse, where the old route of the highway is SR 208 Business, with each other and with Fredericksburg near the highway's eastern terminus. SR 208 also has a direct connection with Interstate 64 (I-95) at Ferncliff and an indirect connection to I-95 near Fredericksburg."
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 4:48pm
But sluDge, how many people slug from Ferncliff.

Which in the end is sort of the new point of this discussion.[}:)]
shaysmama View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaysmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:11pm
So does anyone know the answer to this question yet. :-)
As a previous poster said I see 208 on the main page but I have yet to dare try it and be stuck in the afternoon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic