Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verbal assault from a slug driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jfudgeelder View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfudgeelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verbal assault from a slug driver
    Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 11:47am
I think I might have ridden with this woman before. Does she listen to the classic "black" gospel choir music you see in movies? She sings along too if I remember correctly. Anyhow, she was just fine when I went with her other than what you mentioned about the refusal to turn on the fan, A/C or not. Until I started slugging, I always wondered if anybody listened to music like that cause I hate it. Then again, I've never ridden with anyone who refused to turn on the air or at least the fan for circulation until I started slugging. Then again, I got what I paid for.
Our Mom Spot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Our Mom Spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 3:32pm
Wow... What a horrible experience. You did the right thing by not responding. Christian music? Ironic. LOL!

----------
Are you a mom?
Visit www.OurMomSpot.net ... a safe place for moms to have fun, LOL, & connect with other moms!
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 9:41am
Oh, and there are plenty of times I get in a car and politely say "hello" and "thanks for the ride" and the driver doesn't respond. I just consider them rude and that's that. It's their gas - not mine so in the end it's their issue. he he
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 9:39am
You will see her again for sure and when you do get a plate #. Even if she thought you ignored her initial greeting of "hello" or whatever that is no reason to freak out like she did. Whackadoodle. Sounds like a nut job to me! [:p]
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 2:19pm
Ironic that she behaved this way after playing a Christian/ministry station the whole ride home.

Sorry that you had such a negative experience - you did the right thing by not responding in kind. Hopefully, you won't run into her again!
Sculler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:16am
That was an extremely unpleasant experience. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Just know that you did the right thing in not reacting in a similar manner; you're a much better person that I would have been in such circumstances.
twinsisterjm View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinsisterjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 1:46pm
On March 23, 2012 I was in the Pentagon line to Tacketts Mill at 4:45 PM when a brown SUV stopped for me to get in, and I was hesitant because her windows were down and I like a/c during my ride, but I got in her car, in the back seat. Driver immediately turned around to me and yelled "HELLO" in a mean way, but I did not know her, and I did return a greeting. So she drove all the way with both front windows all the way down and said "It's too early for a/c, ladies." (There was a military woman/slug in the front passenger seat.) And then she had the radio on a very loud volume, a Christian/ministry station, on rear speakers near me, going 72 MPH down I-95. At Lakeridge, I couldn't wait to get out of her car, and as I exited, she turned and yelled at me "HAVE A NICE WEEKEND" in a mean, derrogatory, aggressive way. I did not respond, nor utter a word the entire trip. After I got out she yelled out her window at me calling me "YOU HEIFER" among other things that I could not make out because I was quickly walking away from her. She quickly turned her SUV around and sped up to get within my hearing range again, and yelled something else to me, but by then I was further away from her. I was very afraid and walking fast in the opposite direction, not towards my car because I did not want her to know my car. I will watch for her, and when I see her again I will take note of a more thorough description of her car and post it on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic