Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

slugs needed from Oakton/Vienna metro into DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy trails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slugs needed from Oakton/Vienna metro into DC
    Posted: 15 Jul 2003 at 5:48pm
Why isn't there a slug line forming at the Vienna metro to go into DC via 66 and vice versa (any DC slug lines to go out 66?)

I could use some "slugs" as I drive in everyday. Lately I have been going in after the HOV restrictions but the traffic backs up so much I have to go in later and later. Any slugs interested in a free ride? I am flexible and could go in any time from 6:45 till about 8:15. My garage is near McPherson square metro stop. I usually go up 18th and then down H street, up 15th to the metro. Any one interested?
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2003 at 9:15pm
HT, without the barriers to prevent HOV violators, I66 just has not attracted slugging like is has for I95. We have tried to encourage develop slugging from Vienna, Manassas and point further West, but just have not got it going. With the continued growth along I66 and the increasing congestion along I66 I'm confident that slugging will start at some point...
TracyViennaMetro View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyViennaMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 11:34am
I would be interested in picking up anyone from Vienna Metro and heading to downtown DC. I would visit Vienna Metro between 7:00am-7:15am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays and I park near Metro Center. I can transport 1-2 people. I can pick up at 14th and New York Avenue or anywhere around Metro Center area between 4:00pm-5:00pm and return to the Vienna Metro on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
leey26 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leey26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:52pm
is anyone here still driving this route at around these times? I am interested in slugging. Vienna to Foggy bottom area
lizamastri View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizamastri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:54pm
Are you still looking for a slug?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic