Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Careful with this slugger - picture of plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Careful with this slugger - picture of plate
    Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 11:10am
Becareful with this slugger!...

http://i45.tinypic.com/ipsgvn.jpg

today from hechingers lot at 8:45 am, there were a few cars. I got into a taxi cab driven by and older guy, short, dark skinned, white beard, white hair balding, arabic descent, DC plate number 01305 H, toyota hybrid car prius CAB number 969.

now I have been slugging for 10 years and this is a first one. But I want to make sure it does not happen again.

He asked where am I going, I said 14 and K and he said ok come in. When we passed the 14 street bridge right before the holocaust museum he asked... "Do you have a problem if I start the meter right now until K street?" to which I reply.... do you know how the system works? he said yes I do but I got you into DC and you know this is a commercial vehicle and I could get anybody right now that I am in DC.

At this time he has stopped right after independence avenue, I thought ... ok this guy will just ask me out of his car right now.... and he started telling with an angry tone of voice, "I have got you into DC if you want me to take you into K street I will have to charge you or you can get off here."

I told him at this point, "If you told me you were going to get me into DC and charge me once we cross the bridge I wouldn't have taken the ride, I told you I was going into 14 and K street and you agreed.

"I know that this guy was getting mad and ready to tell me get off the car but I wasn't going to let that happen. I said... look I don't have any cash on me do you take credit cards? he said No, ok then you have to take me to my bank to get cash, and he said ok where is your bank? I said it is PNC bank on 14th and K and he started driving.

I had the intention of paying him at this point but while driving he keep on talking that this is what he do for a living and he needed me to pay once I am in DC, that he had got me into DC and I could take another taxi if I wanted, he was upset about the whole ride situation.. and I was also getting upset... so he kept on talking .... I did not say a thing because at this point I started changing my mind about paying...

Got ready my iphone camera and thought.. ok ..this needs a picture of the car plates. We got into 14th street and I said... "Ok are you going to wait for me? and he said yes... i will turn left into 14th street and you can go to your bank". So he did... but not into the side road but into the main street of 14th street. I was like... WTF... ok that's it..... I got off the car went to the back of his car and took a picture of the plate as you see on the link above.

I did not want to take a picture of the front which I could have gotten his face.... because he could have run me over.. who knows..... in any case... I just when to his side door and told him.... learn the system don't be a smart ass and don't do it again.... and walked away.

I have seen now a few taxi cabs in the lots.... and I always had this fear of them wanting to charge money...I hope I see this guy again..... :@
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic