Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Proposed New Slug Line Locations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge to Tysons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
acartergo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acartergo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 3:21pm
Hi, there is a Woodbridge-Tysons Corner bus route. Here is the link for the route from the PRTC bus website if you are interested. http://www.prtctransit.org/commuter-bus/schedules/tysonscorner-am.html.

However, this bus route is going to be eliminated by the PRTC in November 2014 according to the announcement on their website. http://www.prtctransit.org/myprtc/service-updates/service_updates.php?docid=100
Those of us who ride the bus and have contacted PRTC and our delegates for a hearing received responses that this seems to be a done deal already.

Bus riders/commuters have talked about starting a slug line to Tysons Corner. The biggest question is the pick up and drop off locations. Since we're so spread out in Tysons Corner, someone suggested that we may need to select two places so commuters can go to the one that's closest to them. Both places should also be near public transportation (Metro and/or bus) that commuters can take if they are not picked up by the slug line.

PRTC has provided a list of links to alternate transportation options once they stop the Woodbridge-Tysons Corner route. I'm thinking that looking at these routes may be helpful in figuring out the best pick up and drop off locations for Woodbridge-Tysons Corner. Here is the list of alternate buses and Metro options from PRTC - http://www.prtctransit.org/docs/ALTERNATE_TRAVEL_OPTIONS_TO_TYSONS_CORNER.pdf

United We Ride, Divided We Pay Tolls
wowfifa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wowfifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 9:12pm
These types of microtransactions enables gamers for you to "control the pace of their progression,Inches Natural mentioned, indicating gamers should be able to discover written content without delay by spending real-world funds

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wowfifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 9:08pm
Your Griffin household is in internet marketing once more. Sibel Digital Enjoyment nowadays introduced a good all-new free-to-play Family members Man online game pertaining to os as well as Android mobile phone mobile phones. Introducing within 2014, the untitled project is at development from San fran cultural video game facilities TinyCo., which usually just lately sealed $20 million within investment capital financing. The overall game, described as the adventure/simulation subject, can include a brand-new along with unique account inspired not only by the show's decade-long history, but additionally latest activities. Participants will set about journeys RS 07 Gold throughout Quahog, recruiting (and also confronting) well-known Family Guy heroes on the way.
michelleG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelleG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 11:17am
I'm interested. Do people just meet at the bus stop on Rt 123 & I95 in Lakeridge (Heckenger Lot)?
Michellegerhardt4@gmail.com

quote:
Originally posted by jreyesox

Me and about 5 other people slug from Woodbridge to Tysons.... If you are interested in joining our group we ask that you drive in min 1 day a week... If you would are interested? let me know...

MichelleGerhardt
michelleG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelleG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 4:05pm
Hi Fellow Tysons Commuters:
I will be commuting to Tysons starting sometime next week. I'd like to join a slug group and/or start slugging from the Woodbridge area and I see there are others doing this thank goodness. Has a "line" started at a lot and how is it working once you get to the Tysons area in the afternoon? My job location will be near 2070 Chain Bridge Rd. at Rt 123 just after Rt 7.

How is the traffic taking HOV lanes there and back from Woodbridge normal 8-5 business hours for you guys?

Thanks!

email me at MichelleGerhardt4@gmail.com for slugging interest to Tysons and back from the Woodbridge area.

quote:
Originally posted by Bamboo

Now that the Express lanes are open is there anyone out there interested in starting up slug lines from Woodbridge to Tyson's?

MONICA@LMI View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONICA@LMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 9:28am
Hello All, I would like to join a carpool/slug-pool to Tysons. I work in the LMI building across the street from the hotlanes on Corporate Ridge (Rt7 - Exit 47B). In Jan 2015 we move to a new building on Jones Branch Rd, next to the Gannett building and Hilton HQ.
My work hours are flexible, between 8/8:45 - 4:15/5:15.
Please contact me if I can join what you already have up and running or start a new slug-pool.
Please email me at mwilkins@lmi.org. Willing to drive or ride.
dionyanneyitr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dionyanneyitr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 12:57pm
At what point would be best to pick up sluggers at Westpark Drive and at what time in the afternoon? I am coming from Frederick and it took me about 45 minutes to arrive on that area. My final destination is at Woodbridge and it is every M W F.
ggggg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 8:54am
The 123 lot is a great place for a line to start. In the evening, we need a standard place in Tyson to pick up people. Where on Westpark Dr. would be a central place to pick up people?
jannatur18 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannatur18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 8:44pm
@tracy_tra did you able to find a slug line or how do you commute their. I recently got a job in Tyson's Corner East - Northrop Grumman building. Trying to find best way to commute. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I will be commuting from woodbridge. Please email me @ jannatur18@gmail.com

JR
gbrown1201 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbrown1201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 6:25am
Did this line get started? Where? I work in Tysons and would be interested in picking up slugs...where is the line on the Tysons side?

quote:
Originally posted by dionyanneyitr

I am interested to join your group. I will be on that direction by October.

Brenda Brown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic