Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTyson's Corner Line?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonesw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyson's Corner Line?
    Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 9:21am
Is there any interest in establishing a new slug line near one of the HOT lane exits in Tyson's Corner? (West Park or Jones Branch) Perhaps near one of the Metro stations that are under construction?

I've been riding my motorcycle up the HOV lanes and HOT lanes from Fredericksburg to Tyson's since they opened and it is a great ride. Much faster than going into the Pentagon and then out to Tyson's.

I won't comment much about the accidents that happened on the HOT lanes. But I will say the new lanes are not confusing if you're paying attention.
luvlybird View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvlybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 7:54am
I'm interested in a line to and from Tyson's. Let's make it happen

luvly
holleyday View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holleyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 11:36am
quote:
Originally posted by luvlybird

I'm interested in a line to and from Tyson's. Let's make it happen

luvly

YES PLEASE!!! To and from Tyson's! We could do a pick up line in the afternoon by the Tyson's Connector bus stop(s).
bdsslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdsslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 10:03pm
I have been picking up slugs in the morning at the Tysons Express bus stop in the Route 123 Commuter Lot in Woodbridge. In the evenings, however, slugs are hard to find in Tysons.
Atlantis.99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis.99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 3:39pm
I occasionally go to Tysons in the morning and will try the 123 lot. I've got my ezflex ready to go. My biggest concern is having to do multiple drop offs and then getting caught up in the local traffic and losing back the time.

Suggestions for end points? Maybe the mall (big parking lot, safe to drop off).

On a side note .. I have taken the express lanes a couple of times each way, just not during core rush hour yet, and they are smooth rides, especially since there are no 18-wheelers to deal with. Best dollar i spent that day.

Slug-Recipes.Com
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by Atlantis.99

On a side note .. I have taken the express lanes a couple of times each way, just not during core rush hour yet, and they are smooth rides, especially since there are no 18-wheelers to deal with. Best dollar i spent that day.

Last Thursday I used them during rush hour for the first time. I was in Falls Church near Don Beyer Volvo, heading home around 4:30 PM, and couldn't use I-66 due to the HOV restriction. So I took Shreve Road to US-29 and then used the new entrance to the Beltway Express Lanes. Toll was $1.05 to Springfield. I was home in 20 minutes going 70 mph for most of the way, whereas the local lanes were at a standstill near US-50 and Gallows. The same drive (not my normal commute, BTW) used to take me 45 minutes because of the need to get from US-29 to either US-50 or Gallows and then get onto the Beltway. To me $1.05 to save 25 minutes is well worth it.

The new lanes are good for my blood pressure too, a lot fewer aggressive assholes driving in there.
bdsslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdsslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 6:29am
quote:
My biggest concern is having to do multiple drop offs and then getting caught up in the local traffic and losing back the time.

I have found the time savings to be marginal when taking slugs on average days. Traffic on the main lanes of the Beltway seems to be a bit better now that construction of the Express Lanes is finished. Part of it may also be due to the holidays.

Despite the almost tolerable traffic conditions the last couple of weeks, in anticipation that there are many more bad traffic days to come, I am still a proponent of having a viable slug line to Tysons.
Crypea1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crypea1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:30am
I am interested in picking up or being dropped off on Greensboro drive two days a week beginning January. Any interest? Travel from Fredericksburg.
HOVPOSITIVE View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVPOSITIVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 7:10pm
I live in Stafford and work in Tyson's everyday. I am interested in slugging to and from Jones Branch.

John Cox
freddieworker View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddieworker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 7:38pm
I would like to ride to Freddie from Springfield.

Anyone else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic