Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging down the Dulles Toll Road

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acroyear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slugging down the Dulles Toll Road
    Posted: 21 Mar 2002 at 10:11am
This is just a message to hopefully start a discussion among those who might be interested in slugging down the Dulles Toll Road into Arlington and DC, likely starting at the Herndon-Monroe lot as the line source (and from there maybe building up a second line at the Whiele Ave lot in Reston).

I figure an additional "ettiquete" for driving slugs would be that the driver has to have Smart-Tag, as it doesn't help the speed much if you have to get out of the HOV lines to pay the 50 cents at Rt. 7.

Arlington options include Ballston (direct Metro Orange line), Rosslyn, down 110 to Pentagon, or over Roosevelt Bridge to Constitution Ave, E St., and State Department.

Just a thought...I recently learned to love the slugging system in the morning here in Burke (Rolling Valley), either riding (on tuesdays when i needed to share a car with my wife in the evening to maryland), or driving, because its quite flexible. My work lifestyle is variable -- i'm never in at the same time every day nor do i leave at the same time (much less go to the same place), so a "standard" carpool isn't an option for me.

--
Joe
morganvpi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganvpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2002 at 10:11am
Little late on the reply, but YES!!!
Just picked up a new client at the Pentagon and noticed all of the slugging help Southbound and very little to the Leesburg vicinity. If I can help you get this off the ground Joe, lemme know, I'm in.
Thanks,
Mike

703-898-8817
webbuzzard View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webbuzzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2003 at 8:17pm
any action on slug-line at herndon monroe?
Immo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 8:45am
Bump... How do we get a slug line started in Leesburg...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic