Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City to Rt 17 line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoverd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City to Rt 17 line
    Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 8:23am
I would like to start a Crystal City Line to Rt 17. I have gotten a ride every time I have stood out there, would anyone else be interest in this line? I leave around 4-:4:30 everyday.

Dave
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 9:08am
quote:
Originally posted by stoverd4
[br]I would like to start a Crystal City Line to Rt 17. I have gotten a ride every time I have stood out there, would anyone else be interest in this line? I leave around 4-:4:30 everyday.

Dave

I would love to drum up some Rt. 17 interest in Crystal City!! And I leave around the same time...
stoverd4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoverd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 9:44am
Well you will have a couple of people with Rt 17 signs looking for rides around 4-4:30. Look out for us.
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 11:38am
You both failed to mention where you want to start your line. We already have a very active line in Crystal City at the curve where Crystal Drive becomes 12th St. This is the line that started in front of Gateway North, then got moved down the block. From time to time we have drivers come by who are looking for Rt 17 riders. Since drivers are already looking at this established location, if you have trouble catching a ride where you are why don't you come on down and join us? We really are a friendly bunch.
stoverd4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoverd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2003 at 12:31pm
I am sorry about that,I wanted to use the existing line at Crystal Drive and 12th. Before I moved down to Rt 17 I used to slug to 610 so I am very familiar with that line. Please tell everyone about the Rt 17 riders in Crystal City.

David
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2003 at 1:37pm
quote:
[br]I am sorry about that,I wanted to use the existing line at Crystal Drive and 12th. Before I moved down to Rt 17 I used to slug to 610 so I am very familiar with that line. Please tell everyone about the Rt 17 riders in Crystal City.

David

David

Do you have a flyer made up to post at all?? If you do, I would be willing to post it in the elevator lobbies in some surrounding buildings. Let me know.
stoverd4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoverd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2003 at 2:51pm
I will make a sign. How do I get them to you? David
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2003 at 11:14am
quote:
[br]I will make a sign. How do I get them to you? David

Send it to this e-mail:

seilerel@navsea.navy.mil

Looking forward to it!!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2003 at 7:06pm
I haven't seen anyone sluggin for 17 lately. Is anyone trying anymore or was it pretty much a futile effort?
stoverd4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoverd4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2003 at 3:27pm
We are still slugging out of Crystal City. About 6 or 7 people now but we are looking for more drivers. I get a ride every day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic