Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T-Mobile Cell Phones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2004 at 3:37pm
FYI-East Orange Jersey is not Posh at all, don't know about South.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2004 at 11:44am
Orange co., Virginia girl here!

quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]Why is the word "Orange" always associated with posh areas? Well except VA's own Orange County. [:p]

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!

Dina
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 2:30pm
what do they say about jersey girls? [the only ones i still know are my sisters!] just what are they up to that i dont know, will i not want to know? hehe
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 2:32pm
well i honestly thought about the original question way at top, and well i do know this an that is that the whole mapelwood/so orange area is full of mountains so i bet reception is iffy. am i right fellow former area folks? i used to sleigh ride there in watching mountain reservation as a kid.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 9:38am
South Orange is upper middle class with some giant houses in parts, West Orange a bit less so...while Orange and especially East Orange are run down.

That said, my father lives in South Orange and my T-Mobile phone works fine there and in Maplewood. Reception used to be spotty in downtown Maplewood, near the train station, but it's better now.

It's a great place to live. Housing prices have gone up close to 300% in the past eight years, though, since they got a direct train link to Manhattan (only a 30-minute ride!)
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 9:50am
T-Mobile doesn't seem to work well anywhere. I recently switched to them from Verizon. Within 2 weeks, I was unhappy with the poor coverage, locally and long distance.

I paid the service charge to cancel it and went back to Verizon.

Mea culpa...
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 2:21pm
Gorc, how is verizon, I am thinking about getting sattelite, internet, and land line from them?

:'}
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 3:16pm
I can only speak for Verizon's cell phone coverage. I'm more than satisfied for about 6 years now.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 1:48pm
T-Mobile works fine in densely populated areas and around major highways (such as DC and the I-95 corridor) but there is no reception in rural areas.

I have T-Mo because 1) it's by far the best value, with 1000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends for $39.99/mo; and 2) it permits international roaming, albeit at a pricey 99 cents per minute in most of Europe.

The signal is spotty in parts of Charlottesville, where I live, but I have a prepaid analog phone through AT&T (ends up costing me $6.66/month) that I keep in my car and use for emergencies if my T-Mobile phone doesn't work.

Only problem for you Northern Virginians is that T-Mobile has very few "703" numbers left, so you'll be stuck with an unfamiliar "571" area code unless you bring your number over from another cell carrier or your landline.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 2:34pm
I have had T-Mobile since they were Voicestream and I have been extremely pleased with them.

No surprises on my bill -- 1000 minutes per month, free nights and weekends for forty bucks -- can't beat that.

I'll admit that T-Mobile's coverage is still spotty in some areas but I am rarely in those areas so it works for me -- can't beat the value.

Besides, their coverage gets better and better.

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic