Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW 610 LOT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREWC1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW 610 LOT
    Posted: 30 Jul 2003 at 3:23pm
That new 610 lot is so nice. It's a shame that no one slugs out of it. Is there anyone out there who would be interested in picking up slugs from this lot to L'Enfant Plaza?[:D]

ANDREW COOK JR
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2003 at 8:59am
From what I've heard, people do slug from that lot. I've been told the AM line starts about 7:30 or so 9when the old lot fills up). The main problem is getting to that lot in the PM. Untill the road work is done, its a major pain for drivers to cross all the traffic and drop off in the new lot.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2003 at 9:31am
I guess I've missed the boat on the new 610 lot. Can somebody give me some details so I can update the website!
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2003 at 11:02am
Admin, you have not really missed the boat. The lot is off of Greenspring and Mine Rd (past Wal-Mart) and is not so new now. This lot was opened up in Nov 2000. You already have a map of it on the website under Rt 610 from when there was an effort to establish a downtown DC line there last fall. You also have a flyer there that explains this lot is good for overflow when the original 610 lot is filled up. There has also been a lot of earlier traffic on the message board about using this lot after the old lot fills up, and also about problems some drivers have had with riders who wait until exiting I95 to say they want to go to the Mine Rd lot instead of the old lot.

Perhaps you just need to highlight its existance with some words to go along with the graphics on the 610 page.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2003 at 9:30am
Great. I'll update the 610 page with this info. Thanks
peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2003 at 11:22am
Additional Information/Notes on the New 610 Lot:

-There is a group of us that get there (and get rides) at or around 7:00 a.m. I usually get there at 10 mins before 7:00 a.m., and I am prepared to wait approximately 10 mins or so. I do this, because there are quite a few people who arrive around 7:00 a.m. 7:10 a.m. and I want to be the first in line. There are about 12-15 of us that try to get there early. From 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. the people trickle in. Starting at 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. there is a flood of people.

-Fridays have been awful in terms of getting rides from the new lot. Some of the new lot sluggers go to the old lot only on Friday. But what is funny the drivers complain that they can't find anyone on Friday. I have gotten to the lot on Friday (new) and waited forever, but have also been a rider and waited forever. So it is just a matter of timing. A lot of people drive on Friday or take a vacation day/flex time and summer months can be a little scarce. If you are trying this lot for the first time, Friday is not the day to start.

-I've noticed that Pentagon drivers get frustrated when coming to this lot, because they are not able to pick up riders as quickly as those drivers going to Rosalyn or downtown.

-Parking is excellent there, although you need to be very careful of the many people who use the commuter lot as a shortcut and come through there at average speeds of 35mph+ which is entirely too fast.

-Returning home and getting rides to that lot has not been a problem for me. I've been using this lot exclusively since last October. I find that it is better to alert the driver BEFORE you get into the car that you are going to the new lot, instead of waiting until you are on the road. A lot of drivers don't care, some do and will prefer to take 2 people to the same location whether old or new lot.

I hope that this helps someone.
Anteon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anteon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2003 at 9:39am
OK, the 610 lot behind the McDonalds, are their any slug leaving a 5am. I'm an early bird and looking to leave early going to Rosslyn and leaving Rosslyn at 3-315 to return back to the lot
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2003 at 10:03am
Anteon - I've seen people lined up as early as 5:10AM. Couple of years ago I was able to get a ride as early as 5:15AM. Problem is the HOV lanes (which are open to all at that hour) are sometimes worse than the main lines at that hour.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic