Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Parking Ticket: Virginia Uniform Summons, State Tr
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking Ticket: Virginia Uniform Summons, State Tr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiZdumB76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking Ticket: Virginia Uniform Summons, State Tr
    Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 10:51am
Did anyone receive a Virginia Uniform Summons on June 6, 2013 for improper parking? I received this summons and was not parked illegally. I assumed it was issued by PWC, so I approached a PWC Police officer; who was at the lot investigating a minor accident. He indicated to me PWC did not issue the ticket, it wass issued by a State Trooper. I contacted the General District Court (Traffic) office, and was told I have to appear in court. This is not a prepayable fine, and a code for VDOT commuter lot violations have not been established in the system yet. Huh??? I was then given a number to the State Troopers office: (703) 791-3101. I contacted the office and spoke with a representative who took my name and number and stated she would have the trooper call me. I am confused and highly upset b/c I have to take time off work to appear in court for a parking ticket. The PWC Police Officer stated the way the law sectio was written up (Improper Parking in VDOT commuter lot) is very broad. It does not state I was illegally parked. He also stated they (PWC) are aware and familiar with the parking conditions and they do not issue citations unless signs are posted that prohibits parking, your vehicle is blocking another or impeding traffic flow, or your inspections sticker is expired. Then why is it that the State Trooper are not aware of this? How can they issue tickets? If you have received a summons please call (703)791-3101 and make a complaint regarding the summons. The more complaints we have the better chance we have at having these violations dropped and possibly prevent a court appearance.

wiZdumB76
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 8:23am
So you're saying he gave you a ticket for absolutely no reason at all?????
wiZdumB76 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiZdumB76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 2:48pm
Scottt, yes! I actually spoke with the trooper via phone. Trooper Ackey informed me the ticket was issued because there is a NO PARKING sign and the curb is painted yellow. I politely reminded her, Ma'am that is not so. I even have pics. She responded by saying the signs were recently put up and the curbs were painted (stumbling over her words). I told her that is not so. I reminded her I was parked along the curb, in what is known as the 2nd lot, where the buses pick-up and drop-off . I even suggested that she drive to that lot now as we are on the phone and she will notice there are no signs or painted curbs in the 2nd lot. I also spoke with someone at the General District Court and ask are the rules changing for parking. She could not give me a straight answer. She said, the rules are not changing, they're just cracking down. I informed the representative, I have been parking there 3 years now. Can we please get some consistency. We can't have random ticketing when quotas need to be met. I asked the representative what the repercussions would be if I decided not to take an entire day off from work, while having to use vacation time. She stated well the fee would increase from what the unknown original fine would be. GO FIGURE!!!

wiZdumB76
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 8:51am
Screw ups do happen. I had a cop ticket me for 48 in a 25 (I admit I mistakenly thought it was 35). I was in 3rd gear at the time, and no way I'd be doing 48 in 3rd (going to BWI). I use my manual trans to keep me honest when I know the speed limit is low. Hence, going to BWI, I step down from 6th to 4th when the limit turns to 45, to 3rd when it's 35, to 2nd when it's 25. Anyway, it turns out the cop hit on the car next to me (who was going faster) and then swung off into the parking structure. I still had to go to court, and the judge dismissed the case. Looks like you're off to court.
CMitch View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 12:40pm
wiZdumB76 I recieved a ticket from the same Trooper on or about October 2013. I was parked on the rear curb and thought it would be okay. When I returned I had a citation for court BUT there were about 40 other vehicles that impeded the flow of traffic in the center area of the lot without tickets. There was even a car parked on the ramp for handicapped persons without a ticket. I left two messages for the Trooper and never received a return call. I have been in local and Federal Law Enforcement for 10 years so I understand/agree with general enforcement, but I do not understand the randomness of how the tickets were given. I took pictures of cars parked on the grassy area in front of the lot without tickets...those cars impede traffic on 234 as they exit or enter the grassy area. How much was your fine? I truly did not know I was parked in a prohibited manner, but appearing in court is a little absurd when other cars are blocking handicapped entrances.

CDMitch
Pdmark View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pdmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 7:08pm
I received a ticket today. Only my second time using these lots. There's numerous cars "improperly" parked and instead of fixing the problem by adding more parking spaces to reduce traffic and encourage public transport, they write tickets and tax the citizens even further. It's all a government money making scheme. They've seen for decades the roads are insufficient to handle the traffic and allow the building and influx of people to continue without improving the roads or options. Trooper Akey wrote my ticket as well. Notice, 6 months after the original post. Maybe she should spend a little more time patrolling. Last bus ride I had in the Hov lane during Hov hrs I noticed 50% of the drivers only had 1 person in the car. I've driven all over the country and the world and this place is the worst on the planet. Thank goodness I get leave and I guarantee I will not be back!
oak75 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oak75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 11:27am
I as well was ticketed yesterday (11/12/13) by Trooper Akey at the 234 lot. On the back side of the VA Uniform Summons she wrote “Parked on concrete median cannot see past vehicle to safely exit”. As noted earlier by CMitch every other illegally parked vehicle in the lot was not ticketed only the vehicles parked at the end of the parking lot lanes closest to the entry and exit lanes. I will be the first to admit I was parked illegally per the posted signs but the fact that only a few were singled out because Trooper Akey deemed them “unsafe” is not justified in my opinion.
From the previous posts it doesn’t sound like calling her will do anything. Does anyone have an update on what the courts ruled and the final cost of it all? Thanks.

mr. flores
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 10:13am
Is there a place where one can go to see a list of all the ways you can get ticketed at a commuter lot? I seem to remember years ago at the 123 lot when the Hechinger building was still there I received a ticket for having a "For Sale" sign in the back window of the car.

My question is if my vehicle has any signage on it will it get ticketed if parked in a commuter lot during the day? For example, if the car has an ad banner on it - is it subject to getting ticketed if parked in a commuter lot?

Thank you for your guidance in the matter.
oak75 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oak75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 11:36am
CMitch, have you had your day in court yet? If so what was the outcome? I'm scheduled to be there next week (15 Jan). Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by CMitch

wiZdumB76 I recieved a ticket from the same Trooper on or about October 2013. I was parked on the rear curb and thought it would be okay. When I returned I had a citation for court BUT there were about 40 other vehicles that impeded the flow of traffic in the center area of the lot without tickets. There was even a car parked on the ramp for handicapped persons without a ticket. I left two messages for the Trooper and never received a return call. I have been in local and Federal Law Enforcement for 10 years so I understand/agree with general enforcement, but I do not understand the randomness of how the tickets were given. I took pictures of cars parked on the grassy area in front of the lot without tickets...those cars impede traffic on 234 as they exit or enter the grassy area. How much was your fine? I truly did not know I was parked in a prohibited manner, but appearing in court is a little absurd when other cars are blocking handicapped entrances.

CDMitch

oak75
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic