Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge/Lake Ridge to Ballston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrotngo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodbridge/Lake Ridge to Ballston
    Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 9:54pm
Is there a running slug line from the Woodbridge/Lake Ridge to Ballston? I checked the map and there was a warning sign that said this line might not be operational. Not sure how to verify this information...

I recently accepted a job in Ballston and am trying to find some commuters going that way.
gottagethome4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottagethome4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 11:36pm
I'm at Courthouse; not too far.
carrotngo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrotngo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 11:31am
quote:
Originally posted by gottagethome4

I'm at Courthouse; not too far.

How are you getting there now? Driving? Or Slugging into Rosslyn? That's my other option which is looking like my only option - slug into Rosslyn or Pentagon and then take the metro down to Ballston.
gottagethome4 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottagethome4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 11:31am
I've been driving from Dale City. I lived in Arlington up until May of this year so I hadn't sought any other options but this is killing me. Gonna try the bus and possibly slugging; still building my nerve. My fear is not getting a ride in the slug line.
Nivety View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nivety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 8:43am
there is an email group that you can check into...Below is a previous post from another member.

Posted - 10/13/2010 : 16:22:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next closest slug-line is utilized via email. That is the Ballston slugline email and its used mainly in the evenings. Also, for the morning commute, from time to time, if you slug out of Horner (by 7am for prkng), Potomac (by 730 am for prkng) or Tacketts, you can get someone driving all the way to Ballston (via Wilson Blvd) and they don't mind you riding, to get dropped off at Clarendon or VA Square. Ballston email is ballstoncommuters@yahoogroups.com or jlawson@nsf.gov

carrotngo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrotngo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 8:22am
quote:

I've been driving from Dale City. I lived in Arlington up until May of this year so I hadn't sought any other options but this is killing me. Gonna try the bus and possibly slugging; still building my nerve. My fear is not getting a ride in the slug line.

In the mornings between 6:50 to 7:20, you can always find rides to Ballston from Tackett's. You just have to ask the drivers. It was a bit easier before the gov't shutdown, because around 7:10, there's usually a line of cars and you go down the line of cars and ask if they are heading up to Ballston.

In the afternoons, I found there's an email list as well. I don't know if it's the same group of people as listed in that other email list. Even if you can't get a ride out of Ballston, it's only a $2.10 ride to Rosslyn to catch the slug line there and ten minutes extra traveling time, but it's still cheaper than driving.

From my experience, you just have to talk to the drivers and there's no harm in asking. We're all trying to get to work and we're all trying to get home.
carrotngo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrotngo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 8:24am
quote:

And if you're going to drive, you might as well pick up some slugs =)
dawnis31 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawnis31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 2:29pm
I have a seat or two for Virginia Square. I will start commuting Tues-Fri from Horner lot to Virginia Square 7am Leave VA Squ about 4:40pm
Message me, Im looking for regular riders
knoreiga View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knoreiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 2:23pm
Hi,

I read your post and was wondering if you have found whether the Ballston slug line is in use or not? The website still shows a warning message that it may not be in use. I start working in Ballston in 2 weeks and am looking to slug in if I can.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by carrotngo

Is there a running slug line from the Woodbridge/Lake Ridge to Ballston? I checked the map and there was a warning sign that said this line might not be operational. Not sure how to verify this information...

I recently accepted a job in Ballston and am trying to find some commuters going that way.

Everestgrad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Everestgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 9:02am
Just tagging on this convo, but is there a slug line from Tackkets Mill? I work at Tyson's Mall and finding reliable transportation is taxing me.
Any advice or offers are welcomed. Also if anyone is leaving out tomorrow early (530-6 am) going to Tyson's or Ballston plz contact me.

Thank you

Angie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic