Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn to Springfield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn to Springfield
    Posted: 19 Aug 2003 at 10:24am
Rosslyn has an active PM slug line begining at about 4pm, but all destinations on the signs are south of Springfield. I travel that route daily and would like to recruit riders to Springfield destinations such as the Metro, Mall or Sydenstricker/Hooes Rd commuter lot. Any interest?
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2003 at 11:49am
At the Rosslyn slug line, is Route three in Fredericksburg or Potomac Mills a destination?
pcr29 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcr29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2003 at 2:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoNo
[br]At the Rosslyn slug line, is Route three in Fredericksburg or Potomac Mills a destination?

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Rosslyn.asp
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2003 at 10:49am
Thanks for the link, I was aware of the lines in theory, but have never slugged from Rosslyn. Instead of being left at the line, I would rather get some info as to my chances of getting to Route 3. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Claire Brennan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claire Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2003 at 4:07pm
I would be interested in the slug line heading to Sydenstricker from Rosslyn. I would take the Metro from 12th & G (Metro Center) and then catch up with the Rosslyn slug line. Would beat going to the Pentagon and catching the bus! [:)]

Claire
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2003 at 5:35pm
Hi Claire, I would be happy to take you to the sydenstricker lot, but we still need another rider. Departure time btwn 4 - 5pm. Know anyone else?

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Brennan
[br]I would be interested in the slug line heading to Sydenstricker from Rosslyn. I would take the Metro from 12th & G (Metro Center) and then catch up with the Rosslyn slug line. Would beat going to the Pentagon and catching the bus! [:)]

Claire

inspus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2003 at 12:09pm
How about going from Rosslyn Metro to Bob's or Rolling Valley?

quote:
Originally posted by raymond
[br]Hi Claire, I would be happy to take you to the sydenstricker lot, but we still need another rider. Departure time btwn 4 - 5pm. Know anyone else?

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Brennan
[br]I would be interested in the slug line heading to Sydenstricker from Rosslyn. I would take the Metro from 12th & G (Metro Center) and then catch up with the Rosslyn slug line. Would beat going to the Pentagon and catching the bus! [:)]

Claire

digithead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2003 at 9:44am
The following message was posted on the "Proposed Slug Lines" forum, is being repeated here. Since this message was posted, I've heard from Arlington County. They're interested in working with us. More details to come....

Several of us are organizing a new slug line from Rosslyn to the Springfield area (i.e., Bob's, Rolling Valley, Sydenstricker, etc). We are seeking Arlington Country support for the new location before starting the line.

*Tentatively*,

We are planning for an October 1st start date.

The first guess at the location will be on Wilson Blvd in front of the Northrup Grumman (formerly USA Today) building. At this point, Wilson Blvd becomes the on-ramp to 110.

In the meantime, for those of you who commute from Springfield to Rosslyn, please take the poll on the main page if you haven't already (the results might help with the County), and mention the new line to your fellow riders/drivers.

We would also appreciate some volunteers to hand out flyers in the morning to Rosslyn drivers/riders starting around 9/22 (we're thinking just 10 minutes or so each AM).

We'll post details on slug-lines.com as we get them. Any comments, suggestions?

Thanks!

-=Digithead=-
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic