Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New job in DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cireedorelkrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New job in DC
    Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:29am
I currently live in stafford and just got repositioned to a job in DC. I am wondering how easy it would be to slug to as close to 14th & H street. Also how easy would it be to get a ride back to Stafford from there as well?

I am new at this and would be either coming from the mine road or 610 lot.

Thanks for any advise!
murphy16b View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 3:23pm
The 610 line is at 14th and G
Cireedorelkrah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cireedorelkrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:04pm
So in the morning will the 610 lot take me to 14th & G or will I have to ask if the driver would be willing to take me up to G Street?
murphy16b View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 10:35am
Ask the driver where they are going
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 7:41am
If you are going into DC, you will want to use the Mine Rd lot. The 610 lot only gets drivers going to the Pentagon, Crystal City and Roslyn. For more information, I recommend going to the homepage of this website and clicking on the morning lines links.
Rocknryry View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocknryry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 4:04pm
How long does it take to get from the 610 lot to the pentagon? How long does it take to get from the pentagon to the 610 lot on average.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 7:55am
It depends.... on the time of year, holiday traffic, accidents, etc..
But 60 min each way from pickup to dropoff is reasonable, I think.
Should be faster & more reliable when the extended lanes are completed next year.

KeithO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic