Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tackett's Lot "Carless parking"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackett's Lot "Carless parking"
    Posted: 19 May 2014 at 4:34pm
Beware of people who hit your car in Tackett's Lot! Last week someone decided to hit my drivers side of the car. Clearly you had to know that you turned your car into mine and dragged it the whole length of my car. How can you park next to someone's car hit it and drive away as if nothing happened!! So from now on clearly I will need to pay more attention to where I park at Tackett's Lot from now on seems I need to take pictures for documentation so that when I get back to my car I see that I have damage i'll have better chance to catch the person who could care less what they do to your car. They are thinking hey nobody will notice or catch them!! IT"S VERY SAD, yes that I have to worry about my car now being parked in a space and more so the fact that it's probably someone I see everyday "WOW"!! So please all becareful when parking in commuter lots......
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:14pm
Back when Potomac Mills was open to commuter parking, I saw a 4-Runner turn into a parking space between a Honda Pilot and another car, even though there were multiple open parking spaces just past the Pilot. As the 4-Runner was parking the car I observed the driver hit the Pilot, stop, back up and reposition her car in an attempt park in that space. When she realized that she still was not positioned properly, she backed up again and parked across the row, get out and look at her car, grab her stuff and stopped and looked at the damage caused to the Pilot and then continue on to the slug line without a thought. So I figured I'd help her out. I left a note for the owner of Pilot with the description of the car, the license plate and my name and cell number. Needless to say the owner of the Pilot contacted the police who in turn contacted the owner of the 4-Runner who tried to deny it. When told that there was a witness, she confessed. Don't know why people think they can get away with this.
sinluv View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 2:08pm
To fed up: I truly wish that there were more people like you. You saw this person do damage to another person's vehicle and took the time to leave a note for the Honda Pilot driver. Priceless that the 4-Runner driver when knowing they were caught that someone saw them do this had no option but to confess. Sadly for me I will probably never catch the person who has done this to my vehicle but god help them fer real sooner or later karma will catch up to you. I pay lot more attention to where I'm parking and what if I'm able is next to me now!! Matter of fact this morning I took a picture of a White mini SUV that was parked very crooked in space...how rude and disrespectful to not be able to take time to park correctly. If I could post the pix on here I sure would!! Let's see though who will be next to have their care damaged in commuter lot such as Tackett's!
cmurray0 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmurray0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:59pm
A few months ago I came back to my car with a note on my windshield. It was from someone thanking me for bashing my door into theirs and attempting to wipe off the damage. Someone hit the person's car, tried to see if they could wipe off the paint marks, and parked elsewhere leaving an open space for me to park in.

I have a 24 year old "beater" car that I use just for parking in the commuter lot everyday. That way I don't have to worry about mine or my wife's cars getting dinged, vandalized, or stolen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic