Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What isn't understood about I'll take two?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 8:53am
Oh, and the window thing. The passenger window shattered, for reasons I still can't explain [?] I had it replaced. But I am very leary of it, thus will not allow any one (even my own Mother) to control it. It's a good thing I can disallow it's operation from my door.
Rus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 12:33pm
H: You sound like an overall very bitter and angry person. Do the riders a favor and take the other person's advice..get a hybrid! We don't need the aggravation of such a tightly wound driver. But thanks for identifying your car.
harlean View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 1:27pm
You don't live in Stafford. Why do you care...? And you don't know me, do you?
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 2:50pm
quote:
Originally posted by harlean
[br]One last thing: if you are out of shape and/or uncoordinated of course you are going to have trouble getting in the back of a two-door.

I'm guessing you're not a woman who wears dresses and who has to bend double to climb over a seat and under the front shoulder strap while juggling a briefcase and lunch. It's not delicate, even for those of us who are not out of shape and not uncoordinated.
Hurrytooth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurrytooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 3:22pm
Harlean is right. Harlean rules! I hardly ever drive, but I agree with everything he's saying. Many slugs can be awfully pushy considering that they are getting into other people's car for a free ride. I NEVER ask if the driver can take another person. If they wanted to take another person, they'd say so. I hate when people in the back of the line are telling the slugs getting in the car to ask if the driver can take more riders. If those people are that worried about it (and that pushy), they need to ask the driver themselves. Driver's car = driver's rules. More slugs need to learn to just shut their mouths and enjoy their free ride home. If you don't like getting into a 2 door car, then go ride the bus. Or go practice falling down in the parking lot.
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 4:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by Hurrytooth
[br]...Driver's car = driver's rules. More slugs need to learn to just shut their mouths and enjoy their free ride home. If you don't like getting into a 2 door car, then go ride the bus. Or go practice falling down in the parking lot.

My, my, I touched a nerve here! I have indeed passed on riding in a two-door car. It's my choice. And I have no argument with the driver setting rules. I personally don't like people to talk on the cell phone when I'm trying to negotiate the mixing bowl. However, the "free ride home" benefits both rider and driver. I'm glad I've had mostly good drivers when I ride and good riders when I drive [:D]. Wonder what generated this spate of angry posts?
viper View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2003 at 3:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by Hurrytooth
[br]Harlean is right. Harlean rules! I hardly ever drive, but I agree with everything he's saying. Many slugs can be awfully pushy considering that they are getting into other people's car for a free ride. I NEVER ask if the driver can take another person. If they wanted to take another person, they'd say so. I hate when people in the back of the line are telling the slugs getting in the car to ask if the driver can take more riders. If those people are that worried about it (and that pushy), they need to ask the driver themselves. Driver's car = driver's rules. More slugs need to learn to just shut their mouths and enjoy their free ride home. If you don't like getting into a 2 door car, then go ride the bus. Or go practice falling down in the parking lot.

Hurrymouth (or is it tooth?)... remember, "there's no such thing as a free ride!" I imagine that the price to ride with you would be much to high for me! Give and take and common courtesy are the answers to 99% of the problems in the world of slugging.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic