Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC Police Interfer with Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwfabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC Police Interfer with Slug Line
    Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 5:46pm
This afternoon at 4:42 PM a DC police officer prevented me from picking up a slug. He said that I faced a $100 fine for illegal parking if I didn't move on. When I asked him what he was going to do about the line of cars behind him waiting for slugs, he said "I'm the only one here". Are the DC police cracking down on slugging? It appears that way.
gwfabian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwfabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 5:48pm
P.S. This was the "Bob's" slug line on 14th street near the Washington monument.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 6:57am
This occurs every once in a while. It's usually new PD officers who aren't familiar with slugging. A call to your local Congressman usually takes care of this.

That said, were you waiting for slugs to show up or where there slugs already there? If the former, it could be perceived that you were blocking traffic by just sitting there (as were the cars behind you). If that's the case, you might consider either going around the block or going to another slug line.
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 12:20pm
Several years ago, a police officer was doing the same at the 14th & Independence Avenue Commuteride Bus stop. I was one of the lucky individuals to receive a ticket. I fought it and initially lost, but when I filed an appeal, I won and got all my money back including the cost of the appeal. The whole process took about 9 months and even though I had very valid arguments on my side (was accused of illegal parking) to include a copy of the DC driver's manual, my appeal was won on an entirely different argument.
esoQsell View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esoQsell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 7:52am
Who wants to be my friend?

we can be friends?

Share Topic