Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting in line at Rt.610

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkhartmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting in line at Rt.610
    Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 3:27pm
Maybe I'm getting upset over something that's considered "normal," but several times I've been sitting in line at 610-North, waiting for riders to either Rosslyn or the Pentagon, and a car or two will circle the LONG WAY AROUND the parking lot so they can approach the line from a different direction, effectively cutting in line.

What? Did their kindergarten teacher not teach them that they have to wait in line like the rest of us?? ...And I'm almost as upset at the drivers who LET THEM IN line! [:(!]

--Mike Burkhart
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:10pm
If by "LONG WAY AROUND" you mean they come around the back of the lot (by the back entrance to the elementary school) that is actually the correct way. If you are coming into the lot at the traffic light and turn left, then turn right at the end (on the McDonald's side) look up the next time you drive by there and you will see a sign that says "No carpool stacking from this side".

Actually, by now this is a moot point because of the closing of the old portion of this lot, but those of us who have been around for awhile remember when there have been times that the line of drivers has backed up to the traffic light all because drivers ignore the sign.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic