Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Police: Commuter sexually assaulted in Woodbridge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Police: Commuter sexually assaulted in Woodbridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SluggingShelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police: Commuter sexually assaulted in Woodbridge
    Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:21am
Police are searching for a man who offered a woman a ride at the Horner Road commuter lot Tuesday morning and then sexually assaulted her.

The victim, a 42-year-old Alexandria woman, told police that she was waiting for a commuter bus at the lot at 2250 Prince William Parkway when a man in a white, older model Honda sedan drove up and asked if she needed a ride.

As the two were driving northbound on Interstate 95, the driver exposed himself and sexually assaulted her, said Prince William police spokesman Jonathan Perok in a news release.

Afterward, he dropped the victim off in an area off the Occoquan/Woodbridge exit, where she called a friend to pick her up.

The victim reported the incident to police at 9:23 a.m.

The suspect was Hispanic, about 28 to 32 years old with a thin build, short dark hair and a mustache. He was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt and beige pants.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 703-792-6500.

Source: http://www.insidenova.com/headlines/police-commuter-sexually-assaulted-in-woodbridge/article_3e646358-6a24-11e4-8f24-17770c20a8dc.html
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 10:09am
Accepting a ride when no one is slugging (holiday) and therefore HOV is not in effect was a bad mistake.

At a minimum, she should have waited for another person to arrive and both should have ridden with this person. She was hitchhiking, not slugging. She probably never considered that she was not slugging.

She made a stupid mistake and it may have tainted the whole system.
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 7:25am
I am surprised you are blaming her. You must be a politian.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 2:24pm
When I first saw this on ABC7 yesterday, I was a little confused and based on some comments in the linked article, the way parts of this story are written are confusing also. I don't think it will taint the system but should create some awareness for everyone in the slug system that bad things can happen and we've been very fortunate that assaults like this are not the norm.

I'm not minimizing what happened to the alleged victim but did the driver expose himself and assault her as soon as he picked her up? There is no northbound Occoquan exit, which is only a mile up from the Horner onramp so did he drop her off on the side of the road in the HOV? I would also think the Trafficland cameras would pick up some activity in that stretch of road and could be used to ID the car.

If they catch this guy, I hope there is some type of followup article.
topazfae View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topazfae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:59am
There are many flags in t his incident. Even though this should not happen, but you always have to be on alert for things like this. If you find something odd - then don't get in. For example, waiting at 5:30 am then someone came by and offered you a ride - I will not take it - for several reasons - the HOV has not started. And it is a federal holiday. So HOV is open ot everyone. I don't know about her situation but many who slugs will drive in on Federal Holiday if they have to work. If it happens to me, I will not take the offer. I will say say Thanks but no and wait for the commuter bus to come.

It was a mistake that she made and she will learn from it.

Shannon
ktolson View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktolson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 2:28pm
The way I read the original poster's linked article, the driver and the victim were not riding in the HOV lanes at all. That's the reason he was able to drop her in Occoquan. According to the article, the victim was from Alexandria so I'm a bit confused as to why she was called a "commuter" based solely on waiting on a bus to take her northbound from Horner Rd.

The article is full of holes and just another example of how the media trips all over itself to be first to spread "Breaking News." Just my humble opinion.

Katie Olson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic